Lock

lblazer05

Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
Hey, i have an Echostar DP301 receiver. My daughter changed my password and i just cant seem to unlock it. I have tried everything. Do you guys have any main official password that can unlock it?? Please help me! i am stressing out over this. Well i'll appreciate the help. Thanks

No, i have no time whatsoever to call so i thought that the only fast way to deal with this was to post my problem here hoping someone has gone through something similar. :eek:

lblazer05 said:
No, i have no time whatsoever to call so i thought that the only fast way to deal with this was to post my problem here hoping someone has gone through something similar. :eek:

In the time it took you to register, post, and wait for a response, you probably could have already asked DISH. Shouldn't be any hold time at this time of night. I rarely get a hold time at any time of day, except Saturday.

Actually i do not live in the states, so it isnt THAT easy to go around calling. But yeah i find it rude for you to make any comments if you dont know anything.

Okay, lets get back to the topic on hand......

Really DISH would be your best bet. If you can get a chance to call them do it.

Actually, the 301 manual states that the ONLY way to recover a forgotten password is to call DISH. You will be required to provide:

(1) your name;
(2) your address;
(3) your telephone number;
(4) the receiver serial identification number;
(5) your PersonalIdentification Number (PIN), if you use one.

Well thanks anyways, i was just looking also for a way for me not to spend money on calling them since like i said, i dont live in the states and i am in a low budget. I was just wondering if anybody knew the master password.

I don't think there is one. I think what DISH does (or Directv for that matter) sends a hit to your receiver and unlocks it that way.

What part of the world are you in?

Im in mexico (horrible as it sounds lol)......

And chaddux, thank you for the link, i'm gonna do that instead of calling. Sorry for earlier seeming like a bitch :/

Thank you both for the help!

lblazer05 said:
And chaddux, thank you for the link, i'm gonna do that instead of calling. Sorry for earlier seeming like a bitch :/

No problem. I'm nice enough to still help. ;)

By the way, if it works, let us know what happens. I'm curious if they use a hit or if there is a trick to unlock it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts