Login problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally was able to log-in tonight (3/6) at 10:25 pm. I had tried off and on from Saturday morning (3/5) and could not get my log-in to take--it always went back to the log-in page and I even pulled up the website manually instead of in my favorites . I'm using the latest Firefoix.

Reactions: Mr Tony
IE11: I cleared the cookies, cache, deleted temp 'net files. Still have the problem I described in this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/intermittent-browser-errors-with-sattguys.358602/

Firefox v44.0.2 : All's working good now. I'm not sure what fixed it with my Firefox. I didn't clear cache/cookies/temp files.

It started working good this morning (U.S. CDT).

I'll just use FF for this site until I figure out why it's still intermittent with IE11.

Glad to see people are working again. I have honestly done nothing nor have touched the site since clearing our cache yesterday morning. :)

Spoke too soon. My FF is having the same intermittent issues as IE11 but it works a lot better than IE11.

Weird. I can wait exactly 15 minutes, and the site works ok for about 3-4 refreshes / page changes, etc.... then the same thing happens. The browser page "hour-glasses" for a while and displays the browser error message.

I tried clearing the cache on my FF browser but it didn't fix the issue.

I have verified multiple times the following points for my particular situation with 2 separate Win 7 PC's and both IE11 and FF:

- The problem is specific to this site. All other sites are working ok.
- The 15-min "wait" phenomenon is consistent with IE in particular.

FF, it's working a lot better but randomly intermittent. For example, I just did ~20 page refreshes in FF and it's working ok.

With IE11, I can't do more than ~3 refreshes, then the browser error appears and I have to wait 15 min's before trying again.

Scoop8 unfortunately your problem is different then what the others were having as far as I know everyone who was having that problem logging in but not being logged in on regular pages has been fixed with the clearing of the cache and expiration of the Leap Day cookie which some computer / browser combo's had trouble with.

BTW for those who were able to get in by clicking the remember me button this worked because of the following I received from Xenforo Support... "As an aside, checking "Stay logged in" may work - the presence of the additional cookie may be enough to bust the cache."

But your issue seems like a machine or internet backbone issue specific to you as no one else is reporting anything like that, and traffic here is normal, if not a little higher then normal for a Monday Morning. Which makes it tough for me to diagnose especially considering that no work has been done or changes made on the servers in a few weeks. There is always a chance however that there could be an issue at the firewall which we do not control or update. If you do get an error message from the firewall (Sucuri) please PM me with the error message and code shown on the screen along with your IP address which I can send to the Firewall company for further investigation.

There have been times where the Firewall company updates things on the firewall that unfortunately breaks things for some as well.

Scott, thanks for the info. I suspected this was a unique issue in my situation to this specific site. I'll see if I can find some error message info to provide it to you.

I can finally login without the Sucuri Website Firewall Cloudproxy Access Denied message from blocking me. Clearing the cookies and cache didn't help on multiple browsers for me.
Thanks

From the Help page try logging out. Hopefully that clears the stuck cookie.

As far as the firewall error goes (different issue) it is detecting some kind of bot trying to access the site from your computer. If it does not go away after a few minutes let me know again with a copy of the error message so I can contact the Firewall company for them to diagnose.
I've had the same issue with my laptop for when I want to visit the site while I'm out of town, and the only way to visit the site is using MS Edge browser. How can you log out when you haven't even logged in?

That sounds like a stuck cookie on whatever browser your using on that laptop.

Your logins are not stored here on our servers, they are stored in a cookie (or two or three) in your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)