Logitech google tv will DISH have an NEW LOWER price?????

As of right now, there is nothing on the Dish website that states anything about the Revue being free or discounted for customers, old or new.

Harry needed a coffee this morning or something...he wasnt quite all there. He did say that the revue is still $179- for all customers.
Chat Transcript

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Harry (ID: ABD): Hello Frank.

Harry (ID: ABD): How may I help you today?

Frank: Hi

Harry (ID: ABD): Hi!

Frank: Rumor has it that the logitec revue is now discounted. can you confirm this?

Harry (ID: ABD): Okay.

Harry (ID: ABD): I would be glad to help you with your concern.

Harry (ID: ABD): Please give me just 1-2 minutes while I check on that for you.

Harry (ID: ABD): Thank you for your patience.

Harry (ID: ABD): For security purposes, would you please verify the 4 digit PIN on the account?

Harry (ID: ABD): Thank you for the verification.

Harry (ID: ABD): I'm really sorry, It was a false news, no need to worry about it.

Harry (ID: ABD): For any further assistance you can save this chat and my operator Id is ABD.

Frank: no need to worry about what? The price is still $179 for new and existing customers?

Harry (ID: ABD): Okay.

Harry (ID: ABD): Let me check on that for you.

Frank: lol. ok.

Harry (ID: ABD): Thank you.

Harry (ID: ABD): Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Harry (ID: ABD): I'm really sorry to confuse you.

Harry (ID: ABD): The price is same for new and existing customers.

Harry (ID: ABD): The actual price is $249.00 after discount, you'll get at $179.00.

Frank: ok. Thank you.

Harry (ID: ABD): You're welcome.

Last edited:
OK, anyone thats seen me in action around here knows i love to buy stuff. Ive never found a good reason to even own the revue. I mean, whats the point, am I missing something special it does?

OK, anyone thats seen me in action around here knows i love to buy stuff. Ive never found a good reason to even own the revue. I mean, whats the point, am I missing something special it does?

The biggest deal about the Revue is it's an overlay. It passes the signal through to the TV and there's no switching to a different signal source to use it. You can hit picture in picture, open a web browser, look up that person on IMDB that you swear you remember what else they were in and then hit PIP again without missing anything.

Toss in Netflix, Amazon Streaming, some mediocre network streaming, and then hit or miss performance from other services like HBO Go, Crackle and others and that's basically the Revue.

It does some spiffy guide and show searching stuff, and that's also boosted by the Dish's 'we should charge a fee for that' service that just provides the unit with access to the contents of your DVR so they can be surfaced during relevant searches.

I decded to take the plunge. $100 ($99.99) seemed like a good price point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)