Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jibaro29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Lake Worth FL
I have been trying to set this remote (Harmony 650) so it will work with my Solomend 800PVR receiver and I have not been able to do it. I'm just wondering has anyone here on this forum been able to programed this remote?
Thanks

I have the same remote and was able to set it up to work with Openbox S9 ( This is the same as 800PVR). It isn't easy.
After initially choosing device 'which needs to learn', and initial discovery, I needed to 'teach' each button separatly. Buttons were discovered but didn't match functions.
I skiped recording buttons as I don't use USB HDD.

I have been trying to do that as well. My harmony remote goes as far as channel up and that is it. I get to teach to buttons (Power Toggle and channel up) and neither one works with my Solomend. I have been communicating with Logitech costumer support and after 10 emails they decided that I do not have a an original remote for my receiver. The remote that I have came with the unit. I'm not sure what they are talking about.

I think, Logitech has mapping issue with Solomend/S9 remote... Learned key are in database, but functons are not matching labels.
I took me quite few try, to get everything working.
One more advise: When learning codes, keep remotes max 2 '' apart, and hit original button for no more than 1 s.

BTY: LG TV 55LE8500 remote OK button will trigger power ON on S9 box

Status
Please reply by conversation.