Logitech Revue down to $99

But my understanding is if you connect it to the 922 the Revue won't actually see any of the recorded content on the DVR nor can you search for shows since it's incompatible so basically you just have a web browser connected to the Internet and Youtube. Am I correct or has this changed?

But my understanding is if you connect it to the 922 the Revue won't actually see any of the recorded content on the DVR nor can you search for shows since it's incompatible so basically you just have a web browser connected to the Internet and Youtube. Am I correct or has this changed?

Yes, for a small fee of $4 more a month....They should give it to you for $4 a month!

Well I picked up a Logitech Revue this last weekend and I was very skeptical however so far this thing is awesome! After researching about how to add the 922 since it's not in the list (just use search) it found all of my channels and programming. I'm able to find movies, sports, etc so easily now it's amazing. It controls my AVR, 922, and Sammy TV with zero issues, volume, etc it just works. I also setup my Google account and instantly my picasa pictures were on screen in seconds. Surfing the web with Chrome on a 60" TV is fantastic! Best $99 add-on I've ever done!

So what does the $4/month get you with the 922? I added the Revue to my system and it controls my TV, AVR, and 922. If I search for something it shows what is playing and will change the channel to the program or movie I select. It does not show any of my DVR recordings in the search (like the 722). The only thing I might not get for the $4 is I can't have a show automatically recorded from search results. Unless there are extra features I am not aware of it is not worth the $4/month. Actually I am disappointed with GTV and probably will be dumping it in a week and going back to my HTPC running Boxee. Plan on getting rid of my satelite system totally. Just can't justify shelling out almost $1000/year. Between OTA digital (I get 12 channels), Netflix, and Web content I don't think I will miss it.

I got mine last night... for $99 it's a great deal and I'm pretty happy I jumped on it (for $180 - $250 not so sure though). Works fine with the 922 other than the direct DVR integration (can use it for manual recordings with a fashion) or auto-tuning the guide for current shows. Considering it's Google, I just wish it had a real GMail client... the browser works but is a bit overkill/sluggish considering I much prefer the "simple" and sleel Android app. Maybe with the Honeycomb version rumored coming it will improve that.

-Mike

Sigfreund,

Not trying to be rude but why do you need to have it search your "recordings" on your DVR? I already know what I recorded, I'm more interested in what's happening now and in the future. The revue does a great job at that. It's almost like having my Tivo back again but without all of the darn bugs... :luvlove:

One of the unfulfilled promises of Google TV is to seamlessly search out all of your media, show what you want, and play it for you. Very desirable feature for me since my media is scattered around several media servers and my 922. I can find most of them but my wife refuses to even try. The $4 integration fee will allow Revue to locate recordings on a 722 but Dish hasn't gotten around to adding integration for the 922. Revue also has done a terrible job integrating with other DLNA devices such as media servers. That is the reason even at $99 the Revue is a slow mover. The potential is there and maybe honeycomb and a descent media player will generate more interest.

The Revue does not integrate with the 922. i think it will control your 922 but you can't search your dvr from it like on the 722. if i remember correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts