LOGO - maybe?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think the problem is people dont want to PAY for that channel..hiding it is irrelavant

I, for one, WOULD be willing to pay for it. And I think the (1 in 10, look it up) gay Dish Network subscribers would most likely be willing to pay for it too. And the fact that it is an advertiser supported channel would mean it wouldn't cost Dish Network as much to carry as you think. And I would just like to say, we don't hate you, so don't hate us.

I, for one, WOULD be willing to pay for it. And I think the (1 in 10, look it up) gay Dish Network subscribers would most likely be willing to pay for it too. And the fact that it is an advertiser supported channel would mean it wouldn't cost Dish Network as much to carry as you think. And I would just like to say, we don't hate you, so don't hate us.
If that were true (its not) the channel would have been added a looong time ago

Now there's a great comment Juan.

Why do providers "waste" multiple channel slots on the rediculous black and gospel channels, huh? They're much more rediculous than Logo.

And Scott (don't want to correct the master!!) :D - Logo shows NOTHING that is on MTV or VH1. It's a blend of their own programming, some funny comedy shows, and movies.

If you're gay - it's actually a funny / interesting blend of stuff.

And, if I was black - I probably would watch more of those gospel channels, but, i'm not - so I don't. Just as those that aren't gay - wouldn't watch Logo.

FIOS TV carries both Logo and here! - although here! is a $7.95 full-time channel - something DISH never did when they had them as a weak $3.95 PPV station.

DISH worries too much about their bible-thumping small-town customers that might get upset by the addition of a current-times channel. That's all.
Sounds a like a racist comment to me. "OMG if I watch LOGO I might end up gay or black". For your sake maybe both would suit you just fine!

Last edited:
You are taking Claude's comments out of context. He said that he hoped that they didn't add it because he has had several customers that changed from D* to E* to get away from it. If they left E* because it was added there then it would hurt his bottom line.

Expressing a statement like Claude did might not be good for his bottom line, unless it is a calculated risk to align himself with the intolerants...which actually might be a good risk, since there seems to be so many of them...as evidenced by this thread...

I'm just not sure that I'd do business with him now. I'll have to think on this a bit more...

Expressing a statement like Claude did might not be good for his bottom line, unless it is a calculated risk to align himself with the intolerants...which actually might be a good risk, since there seems to be so many of them...as evidenced by this thread...

I'm just not sure that I'd do business with him now. I'll have to think on this a bit more...

Same here... 'unfortunately' I bought a 622 receiver from him a year ago. Too bad I can't return it now.

I would love to "look it up" as you say. Exactly where did you get this information? Are you just using an extrapolated number based on some overall number in the population? Because I'm 100% sure that E* has never asked me if I'm gay - I'm not (not that there's anything wrong with that :D ). Therefore I don't think that there would be any actual way to come up with that stat.

I, for one, WOULD be willing to pay for it.

I'd pay for it too. And then again Dish could make it a subscriber request only channel, so only those that asked for it, received it. I think the problem there might be that Viacom probably would have in it's agreement that it needs to be in such and such tier and included automatically in that tier and above. After all Viacom want's to be able to count all households receiving, not all households watching.

Again I would like to see this channel on Dish. Its actually an interesting fun channel.

Personally I don't care if your white, black, yellow green, I dont care about your sexuality, and I don't even care what your favorite flavor of jello is. What you do in your house and watch in your house is up to you. Be free, have fun!

If you dont want a channel coming into your house, do like I do and BLOCK IT. Others can not and should not stop living because some folks do not like a channel for its content.

Hell if it were not for freedom of choice and expression then there wouldnt be no America today.

I'd pay for it too. And then again Dish could make it a subscriber request only channel, so only those that asked for it, received it. I think the problem there might be that Viacom probably would have in it's agreement that it needs to be in such and such tier and included automatically in that tier and above. After all Viacom want's to be able to count all households receiving, not all households watching.
This is why I LOVE the idea of IPTV, the ability for people to get ANY channel they want over an internet connection to their TV. It would allow these small channels be carried by these big providers without eating up valuable satellite spectrum.

IPTV is the future of TV. :)

If you dont want a channel coming into your house, do like I do and BLOCK IT. Others can not and should not stop living because some folks do not like a channel for its content.

Hell if it were not for freedom of choice and expression then there wouldnt be no America today.

I wholeheartedly agree -

and kind of jumping way off-topic here (feel free to delete if it interferes with the thread), I am so sick and tired of the growth in government regulation and the babysitting nanny mentality that has developed. People whine and complain, " I don't want my kids to see violence on TV" or I don't want them to see this or that. And the government wants to step in with what they think is best. When will the balance finally shift back to people having to take responsibility for themselves? You don't want your kids watching violence on TV fine, get involved in your kids lives and don't let them watch it. Don't expect the government to regulate it out so no one can watch it, the government should keep their hands out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)