Logo Tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

teknophyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
LOGO READY TO ROLL!

MTV Network's digital gay channel, Logo is set to hit a cable system or satellite dish near you on February 17th. The channel has already acquired major (and not-so-major) gay-theme motion picture titles such as Philadelphia and Birdcage and is also in production of new series programming including "Family Outing" produced by Cher and Chastity Bono and the "Margaret Cho Show". And for reality programming lovers, look for "Fantastic Voyage" brought to you by the same people who produce "The Real World" and "The Simple Life". Check with your cable company or satellite provider for channel information.

Does anyone know if DirecTV will carry this channel right away? If DTV and Dish Network does not carry this channel it will be the only channel that they would not carry from Viacom/MTV networks. I would think it would be a must carry like MTV, VH1, and SPIKE tv. In otherwords if you want MTV you must carry LOGO. Does Viacom sell their networks in that way or do they sell them per channel?

I haven't heard if DTV is going to carry it yet. I would think so, but sometimes we only get notice of new channels a few days before they start. I'll keep my eye out.

Firstly, Logo has pushed their launch date back to June 30th. From what the people at Logo have said, if you get MTV you get Logo. Secondly, Dish and DirecTV have a long way to go before they carry all of the Viacom networks. They currently carry about half of them. DirecTV doesn't carry Nick GAS while Dish does. MTV Hits, MTV Jams, VH1 Country, VH1 Mega Hits and VH1 Soul are not carried. I'm not sure about BET Jazz since Viacom recently bought BET. If BET Jazz was included, perhaps that could be included on the next deal with BET?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)