DirecTV's New Gemini - Youtube TV?

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
am a disabled person and about a 30 year Direct tv Sunday Ticket Sub since it will be on Youtube Tv am looking for the easy way to use youtube tv here are my questions

1 thisDirecTV's New Gemini Will it let you download youtube tv ?

2 On Youtube tv with the Sunday Ticket can you go up and down on the remote and use the previous channel button like I did on Direct Tv with the Sunday Ticket ?

Hope you can answer my questions please get back to me

am a disabled person and about a 30 year Direct tv Sunday Ticket Sub since it will be on Youtube Tv am looking for the easy way to use youtube tv here are my questions

1 thisDirecTV's New Gemini Will it let you download youtube tv ?

2 On Youtube tv with the Sunday Ticket can you go up and down on the remote and use the previous channel button like I did on Direct Tv with the Sunday Ticket ?

You Tube TV is a paid Live TV service, are you looking to leave DirecTV for it, if so ask your questions in the cord cutters forum here and can answer then there so I do not get yelled at again.

But if you leave DirecTV, you will not have a Gemini anymore.

If you plan on staying with DirecTV, you will be able to get Sunday Ticket via You Tube Prime Time Channels at a higher price.

I honestly do not know if there is a You Tube app on the Gemini, doubtful there is a You Tube TV app on it.

I would recommend getting a Roku Ultra then, easiest streaming box for a novice to learn and use

Bruce I am a disabled person and about a 30 year Direct tv Sunday Ticket Sub since it will be on Youtube Tv am looking for the easy way to use youtube tv here are my questions

1 this gemini Will it let you download youtube tv ?

well we were qouted $120 per gemini after the first one was free!!! we were also told the the mirror fee was still $7.00 per room. we were also told that a gemini upgrade requires a one year contract!!! a roku ultra on amazon is 99.99 no contract you own it. i refuse to pay for junk that i don't own. and did the rep say if there was red things flashing on your acct to upgrade to the gemini???

John2021

Will it let you

with Youtube tv with the Sunday Ticket can you go up and down on the remote and use the previous channel button like I did on Direct Tv with the Sunday Ticket or is it easier with a smart tv looking for easy way to use remote like I did with Sunday tiicket on Direct tv ?

Reactions: John2021
It was possible to use the channel up and down button on a few smart tv's that have access to the YoutubeTV app, but not all of them. I'm not up to date but believe certain models of LG via the latest WebOS and Samsung Tizen operating systems support the channel up and down. I don't think any of them support the previous channel button.

YoutubeTV is not set up for that type of navigation. The YoutubeTV app is universally the same across all devices and OS's. There are no channel numbers and it is meant for the the user to use the guide and up and down arrow pads for navigation or voice control.

They are working on a 4 pane multi-view that they debuted for the NCAA basketball tournament. That may make it easier for you to switch between 4 games but it will still require the use of the directional arrows and select button.

I checked a Gemini device on Directv Stream and it did have Youtube TV and Youtube available to download in the play store. I would expect it to be the same on the satellite version but cannot confirm. I did not see any signs that DirecTV is restricting anything in the Google Play App Store for Android TV.

It is very likely that you would be able to watch Sunday Ticket on one of the two Youtube options using a Gemini.

Do you want to have both DirecTV and Youtube TV?
I didn't test Youtube TV, just saying it was in the Play store and available to download on the Gemini device. My father has YTTV but I didn't test it on the Gemini, and my friend has DirecTV stream, I was checking out the Gemini device after the recent software update (name change) at his place.

Maybe he suspends his Directv account during the NFL season and subscribes to YTTV for four months to get the $100 discount?
You have to sub to YTTV before June 6th for the discount. You can get it alacarte. It costs about $100 more but don’t need YTTV