Long Distance Networks Going Away

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Having withdrawels, liked my News 4 NY news at 9, plus evening news at 4:30 pm... (instead of canned at 5 and 5:30)

I'm a big fan of WNBC's NY news also. I use to watch the 11pm news most nights. They focus a lot on "national" stories and not solely on just local NY news, so it was a good way to end the day.

A week into this new "DNS" world my experience has been mixed. I'm on an RV waiver, but because of the time I signed up I only got the East Coast DNS stations. I did also get my real "locals" however, when I'm the spot beam for them.

Now I only get WCBS, WNBC and WNYW. I got WABC for most of the week, but it disappeared a few days ago. I also got channel 394 which they switched over to a CW Plus feed as opposed to being the DC CW affiliate. I was starting to like it their 10pm block of "Seinfeld", but it disappeared sometime in the last two days too.

One major change is WCBS is now blacking out a lot of syndicated programming that isn't network produced.

I lost everything. I had the grandfathered west coast feeds of ABC and CBS from when D* offered HD networks to a bunch of people before HD locals came out - - I lost those late on the 31st. I also had both East & West FOX and NBC from a waiver from before locals were made available (that stuck with my account through 3 changes of service address over the years - - I'd also had ABC and CBS E&W but dropped them to just the free west feeds to save a few bucks a few years back) - - those went away on the 4th, so I now have no distants.

Wasn't a bad 20 year run. To be honest, I would only use them for some light timeshifting and occasionally to check in on the news in the big cities sometimes - - it was certainly a "nice to have"... I honestly really wanted the Superstations on E* for the longest time, but since I had all 4 nets E&W on D* I never switched... And I'm glad I didn't. I haven't watched the other superstations in years but I imagine they became very generic as well.

Orrrrrrr there will be a regular news cast one hour long. Then when looking at the news cast the time stamp on te screen reads like much earlierrevorded news cast.

Need to have it where like radio. To be able to look at any tv station in the country with out any restrictions.

If radio stations can have this option then why not tele stations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: raoul5788
Sure wish distant networks were still available. Guide data is still there for both NY and LA. Really miss receiving the LA market as I now only get closest locals (Bismarck, North Dakota).

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Yeah, they took it off a local spotbeam tp. and put it on a CONUS one almost a week ago.

Guess DIRECTV finally ironed out the last contract details to carry WABC as a DNS channel.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: I WANT MORE