Long scan times

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Othea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Iceberg -- I seem to remember that you once asked why one satellite took so much longer to scan than others. I don't think you ever got a satisfactory answer to that question. Perhaps this might help.

Today I scanned two channels on AMC4: WVGN at 11991H (20-25% quality) and KUIL at 11704 (99% quality). WVGN took about 4 minutes, but KUIL took only about 10 seconds. Maybe weak signals require longer scans...

Othea said:
Iceberg -- I seem to remember that you once asked why one satellite took so much longer to scan than others. I don't think you ever got a satisfactory answer to that question. Perhaps this might help.

Today I scanned two channels on AMC4: WVGN at 11991H (20-25% quality) and KUIL at 11704 (99% quality). WVGN took about 4 minutes, but KUIL took only about 10 seconds. Maybe weak signals require longer scans...

The satellite was AMC6 and I found out it had something to do with Rainbow 2 (Voom's second satellite before they were sold).

AMC6 isnt bad now :)

I know the wekaer signals take forever to log. When I scanned T6 with the 3500, Doc Scott took about 3-4 minutes to log in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts