Longhorn Game not in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Very disappointed as well. This is very bush league.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Does anyone know if the game was HD on any other provider? Thinking maybe they might have not provided an HD feed?

I know Dish is tight on bandwidth, but given Dish's marketing scheme as being the leader in college football, I was shocked to see that the game wasn't in HD. I personally thought that when we only saw LHN in SD back in May, Dish was buying some time to find some space for LHN to be in HD 24/7, and that it would be in HD 24/7 for football season. But overally very surprised the game was not in HD last night.

Exert from Dish's Facebook ... haha

Fabian MedinaI can't believe you guys are not broadcasting the Longhorn game in HD.....I called customer service and they basically said " I know your guide has the LHN available in HD but we are not showing that channel in HD"...this is ridiculous !
22 hours ago

DISH
Hi Fabian~ I apologize that your game was not aired on HD. When multiple sporting events overlap, there are occasions when too many games are being played than what can be broadcast to you in HD. We strategically allocate our available bandwidth to offer the most games in HD as possible at a given time. ~Andrea B.

IMHO it is BS on the part of DISH not having that game in HD. (BTW I am not one who really cares about watching unless not much else is on) This was a big deal getting LHN and college football in general. People take college sports very seriously in parts of the Country and not being in HD when it could have been is a terrible PR move.

Not so much a scripted response for LHN, but rather for any game that should be in HD but wasn't.

So let's see....our other two choices are Time Warner (no DVR worth mentioning and high prices) or AT&T UVerse (home of constant signal drops and pixelation plus).

Wonderful, ESPN. Thanks for nothing.

:wtf2

Stupid me... i should have watched the game through my Roku via Watch Espn app since they have added the LHN HD.
I'm not even going to bother messing with LHN via Dish anymore.

We've this before on other channels and it's very frustrating. I was first wondering if someone was just asleep at the switch and forgot to turn the HD feed on. The picture I have of this is has always been that of an old school phone operator forgetting to pull the cable up and plugging it into the right slot on the panel.

I bet Saturday was a tough bandwidth day for Dish with a lot of teams playing non-conference games against opponents who wouldn't typically be on TV (i.e. FCS teams) which greatly increases the number of HD games. Also, there are MLB games still going on (which is a waste of bandwidth IMO once football arrives). The problem should ease up as conference play commences and the number of televised games being played decreases. It's a bonehead marketing move to advertise you have it and then only show it in HD and frustrating people right out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If space is still an issue, why are we going on five or six years now with Dish carrying channels like Logo and Centric in "HD", which have never been, and probably never will be, channels that intend to send an HD signal?