Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unless it has changed, the "SEC Network" is basically SEC games that are syndicated on local stations in the SEC market.
It was on Game Plan for folks outside of the south and on some RSN"s

We get the SEC Network games on one of our local channels. The bad part is they are postage stamped on the screen as they can't pass the HD feed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Unless it has changed, the "SEC Network" is basically SEC games that are syndicated on local stations in the SEC market.

The Big 12 Network works the same way. It's a package of regionally synidicated games shown on various local channels. Both YES Network and Altitude have also picked up the package, so its not exclusive to just Big 12 member states. Here's the station list for the Big 12 Network...

2010-11 Big 12 Network Television Station List - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

So it's different than the Big Ten Network ...
They get ours, but we don't get thiers ....

Thats OK, not much on the sec network worth me spending time on anyways.
Same goes for the Big Ten Network in most cases, your Big games are on the networks anyways.
The Big Ten teams are contractually committed to I think it was 2 games a year on the channel.

The SEC Network is really just the early game on Saturday for football and Wednesday/Saturday for basketball

Remember ESPN+? That was basically ESPN everything production wise but was shown on a local channel in the markets of the game? This was pre Big 10/SEC/Big 12 Network. They still exist but a shell of itself. Thats really all the SEC and Big12 Networks are

other items like this are Raycom Sports (now the ACC Network) and the old Jefferson Pilot sports

Getting back to the Longhorn Network, it'll all work out for those Longhorns fans if DirecTV (or whatever your service provider is) doesn't pick up the network because ESPN broadcasts all live games from all of its channels on ESPN3.com.

Longhorn Network doesn't even offer anything, so I don't know why anyone would want to pay for it. At least the Big 10 network is nice to have during the football season because it actually carries conference matchups that can be fun to watch even though I don't care for any Big 10 teams. The SEC network is just an ESPN produced football game in 16:9 SD on a local channel, much like the raycom ACC game on another local channel is 16:9 SD(claims its in HD, but there is no way anyone can call that HD)

The SEC network is just an ESPN produced football game in 16:9 SD on a local channel, much like the raycom ACC game on another local channel is 16:9 SD(claims its in HD, but there is no way anyone can call that HD)

SEC games are usually in HD. The backhaul (live feed) uses enough bandwidth to be HD just like ESPN games
Raycom might be a different story ;)

Longhorn Network doesn't even offer anything, so I don't know why anyone would want to pay for it. At least the Big 10 network is nice to have during the football season because it actually carries conference matchups that can be fun to watch even though I don't care for any Big 10 teams. The SEC network is just an ESPN produced football game in 16:9 SD on a local channel, much like the raycom ACC game on another local channel is 16:9 SD(claims its in HD, but there is no way anyone can call that HD)

I'm a UT alum and even I wouldn't want a whole network for Longhorns sports. Yeah, I do like having access to all football games each season on TV, but having a whole separate network to get 1-2 football games each season is a bit much. Those games would fit just fine on either ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, or FSN. Aside from those 1-2 games on the Longhorn Network, I probably wouldn't watch anything else. Would I watch Texas GameDay, the 2-hour pregame show? Nope. Rewind with Mack Brown? No. Game Plan with Mack Brown? Ditto. You catch my drift.

Getting back to the Longhorn Network, it'll all work out for those Longhorns fans if DirecTV (or whatever your service provider is) doesn't pick up the network because ESPN broadcasts all live games from all of its channels on ESPN3.com.

ESPN3.com might be the only way to see the Texas games on the Longhorn network. Hopefully you Texas fans have an Xbox 360. ESPN3 was awesome on my Xbox during college football last season.

We are about 2 weeks before the channel is supposed to go live but not a single provider has signed a deal yet.

Just weeks before launch, Longhorn Network is still sans carrier | CollegeFootballTalk

Did they really need a new full time RSN for one school? Couldn't they have just put these games on ESPN/ESPN2? I say do away with all these full time RSN's and do game only showings. Turn the games on when they start and turn them off when they're over. Let people decide whether or not they want to order them. It would save the providers a lot of money.

SEC games are usually in HD. The backhaul (live feed) uses enough bandwidth to be HD just like ESPN games
Raycom might be a different story ;)
maybe its just my local station that passes it along as 16:9 SD then. i know from 2 different Raycom affiiliates that there is no way it is HD though lol

The Longhorn Network is on the air, but fans might have trouble finding it | khou.com Houston

The network has been launched and the first exclusive game is this weekend.

From the article, "At launch, the LHN’s distributors included Consolidated Communications, Bay City Cablevision, Mid-Coast Cablevision and Texas Mid-Gulf Cablevision. By September 1, they’ll add Verizon, En-Touch Systems and E-Tex Communications to that list. At launch, the LHN’s coverage area included Ingram, Conroe, Manvel, Pearland, West Colombia, Sweeny, Van Vleck, Bay City, Markham, Blessing, Palacios, Edna, Ganado, Louise, El Campo and Wharton.
By September 1, they’ll add Houston, Gilmer, Dallas-Fort Worth and the Verizon national footprint."

No national cable or satellite systems. Verizon is the only national carrier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)