Looking at Dish couple questions

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
I'm looking at E* because I can't get D* due to LOS issues.

1.) who is the HSP for Florida? I want someone to come out and do a site survey.

2.) what type of promos are available that are not posted on the E* website? I could have gotten the AAA $200 discount and $100 referral discount with D* in addition to free movie packages and a 1 year promo discount. How does the club dish referral program work? Do you get $50 over 5 months or PPV credits? E* is not clear.

3.) what dish is being used for the Miami DMA for HD? 1000.2?

4.) are local channels included for free with the packages? E* website is not clear.

5.) How many wires must come off E* dish? One per tuner? I'm used to SWM on D*.

6.) is a phone liner or internet required for receivers?

7.) Why is Disc HD Theater in a $10 movie package? Why can't I get it included with AT250?

Thanks for your help!

3. Miami is on Western Arc. HD locals are on 110, SD on 119. So you'll get a 1000.2
4. yes
5. one per receiver. Dual tuner units can have the separator added at the back of the receiver. But 3 receivers mean 3 lines
6. No

The rest I dont have an answer for

7.) Why is Disc HD Theater in a $10 movie package? Why can't I get it included with AT250?
Wondering what would you lead you to believe it should be in AT250? Why isn't the Sony Movie Channel in AT250? Because those premium channels and many others are in a (very good) package for $10.

I would contact one of the Dirt team CSR's here about possible incentives.

Wondering what would you lead you to believe it should be in AT250? Why isn't the Sony Movie Channel in AT250? Because those premium channels and many others are in a (very good) package for $10.

Maybe because Disc HD theater is not a movie channel and its generally included with most basic D* and cable/uverse ect packages? It should be in AT200 and above.

Maybe because Disc HD theater is not a movie channel and its generally included with most basic D* and cable/uverse ect packages? It should be in AT200 and above.

then charlie would miss out on some cash
but the hd package is worth it

Anyone know these two? Thanks to anyone who has replied.

1.) who is the HSP for Florida? I want someone to come out and do a site survey.

2.) what type of promos are available that are not posted on the E* website? I could have gotten the AAA $200 discount and $100 referral discount with D* in addition to free movie packages and a 1 year promo discount. How does the club dish referral program work? Do you get $50 over 5 months or PPV credits? E* is not clear.

1) I can find out with an address, but it may be easier to call a retailer to come out and check it (I would have to completely build an account before someone would come out). If you have clear line of sight to the southern sky, you're probably fine.

2) Promotions vary by what you qualify for. For the referral program, if YOU refer someone else, you get $5 off for 10 months, and 5 PPV coupons for your first referral (you only get the PPV coupons once), you can refer up to 10 people per year.

mini1 said:
Isn't that channel being replaced by something else by Discovery soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts