Looking at Getting Dish...

Called Direct to ask them about their select package. 120 channels for about $35. With the bundling rebates through ATT, this maybe the cheaper option

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Called Direct to ask them about their select package. 120 channels for about $35. With the bundling rebates through ATT, this maybe the cheaper option

I may be wrong, but I have always been somewhat leery about those bundles. In the fine print, does it say anything about the price only be good for a certain period of time such as a year? I just do not want you to not get the best deal or later find out that it is not forever if that is true. Hopefully, they would let you know that if you asked. Can you get free HD or HD with the Select package would be another question that I would ask.

Here is a PDF file that a retailer had online that has the channel lineups: View attachment channel_lineup-6.pdf
This one should be up-to-date.

I hope this helps for comparison reasons.

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but I have always been somewhat leery about those bundles. In the fine print, does it say anything about the price only be good for a certain period of time such as a year? I just do not want you to not get the best deal or later find out that it is not forever if that is true. Hopefully, they would let you know that if you asked. Can you get free HD or HD with the Select package would be another question that I would ask.

When you bundle with the Telco and Directv all they (D*) do is bill the Telco and the Telco bills you and gives a discount. All promos apply and you call D* for any issues unless its billing.
Dish use to resell it through the Telco where you had to call the Telco for everything.

Be careful. When I bundled D* with AT&T it required a fairly high level of phone service and Sat service to get the discount. Select didn't qualify at the time. With the right package, I got a total of $10 off ($5 off D* and $5 off AT&T). This was a few years ago, so things could have changed. But just last year I got my parents D*/AT&T and they only qualified for $5 since they had bare-bones phone service.