looking for 180cm polar mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
im looking to buy a 180cm polar mount. i want to be able to use my 6 footer for KU but want to install it on a pipe and dont want to have it sitting on the ground anymore. if anyone knows or has one let me know thanks

Why polar-mount? Look for AJAK motor.... from time to time they still appear on the second-hand market.

I want to have a fix dish. Want to put it on a pipe. Idk what a ajak is. Don't want motor

im looking to buy a 180cm polar mount. i want to be able to use my 6 footer for KU but want to install it on a pipe and dont want to have it sitting on the ground anymore. if anyone knows or has one let me know thanks

Where are you located? I don't know about a polar mount, but I know where a complete 7 1/2 foot dish is that might be had. It's easy to get to as it's just off US33/48 in WV.

there is the pictures. live upstate new york near boarder

Attachments

• front dish.jpg
    front dish.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 179
  • back dish.jpg
    back dish.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 191
This one is not good for Ku-band. 1.2m solid antenna will perform better. Sorry to say so.

ok thanks. but i still want to install it on a pipe and getting it off the stand aka ground

Wait a minute, I do not understand something (probably cuz I am not native speaker)...... You wish to install this antenna on the mount (not necessary polar-mount) , just to be able to fix it to the vertical pipe and tune it to some satellite? Am I right?

maybe i am saying it all wrong but yes thats what i want to do. i did some research and thats what i came up with.
SADOUN SP180 Polar Mount

WS1870P

Attachments

• polar mount 1.JPG
    polar mount 1.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 269
  • polar mount 2.JPG
    polar mount 2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 290
I see. This is good solution, but you will get polar-mount.... which you did not look for. Much easier and also cheaper to make mount like this, where you will have possibility to change antenna's azimuth and elevation. You only need to make it at the proper size. IMG_20170724_202033 (Large).jpg IMG_20170724_202039 (Large).jpg

ok where would i get one of those? im kinda looking for the ones i posted before tho

I have one that was pretty much never used but its been sitting outside in my yard at a corner where I keep misc items.

Here is an image and if interested send me a PM

2.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)