Looking for 2 channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ITFTAguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2018
burbank, ca
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help getting the dish setup. It is working really well. I am looking for the following 2 specific channels and when I do a "Satellite Scan" or "Blind Scan" on my Manhattan RC1978, it does not find these channels. I even tried to manually add them by setting the Audio, Video, PID as well as the frequency but nothing comes up. How can I tell if these channels even exist on Galaxy 19 anymore?

upload_2018-3-26_17-16-22.png

upload_2018-3-26_17-17-32.png

For example for the ARTN channel I tried setting a new channel at 11836, Vertical, Video 408, Audio 356 and PID 408 and when I go to that channel which gets added to the end of my channel list it says no signal. Why aren't they on blind scan? Do I have to move around my dish to find it? My signal is 83 and quality 56 and I get about 200 channels, just not sure why I don't get these 2.

Showing Color Bars on ARTN 11836 V 20770 VPID 0190 APID 0164
USArmenia is there 12053 V 22000 VPID 0250 APID 0251

2B414BB4-07E4-4555-B50B-C2D91D8FC0DB.jpeg F70F9ED2-0132-453B-92E2-6609DAFDB421.jpeg I’m using a manhattan RC1978 and geosat pro 36’. I hat to bring my dish elevation almost all the way down to get the signal. There are also some trees there but I’m also abel to scan 200 channels.

View attachment 132102 View attachment 132103 I’m using a manhattan RC1978 and geosat pro 36’. I hat to bring my dish elevation almost all the way down to get the signal. There are also some trees there but I’m also abel to scan 200 channels.
Do you have your lnb skewed for 97w? Based on dishpointer.com it appears it should to be about 24.4° for Burbank, CA.

I do but I may have to get up there and double check. When looking from the fromt of the dish I had it set to anhsir below 25 to the left. What’s hard to explain is turning the LNB left or right wasn’t really changing the quality/strength when I had the TV up there. But it’s worth checking this again.

Also the bubble level inside the poll, I could never get this exacly inside the circle but I’d say it was about 80% inside.

In California, the skew setting for 97w is clockwise (standing in front of the dish looking at the back of the LNBF). Rotating even 5 degrees will affect the Signal Quality meter reading. Sliding the LNBF towards or away from the reflector will also affect the Signal Quality meter reading. Select the transponder with the lowest Signal Quality reading and compare to a few other transponders when adjusting the LNBF positioning.

It is not necessary to center the post bubble on a fixed dish install. A plumb post is only important for a motorized install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)