Looking for a 6 foot mesh dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Got the 10 footer down today. The unlevel pole was not all wrong with it. The pole could be fixed, however the mount for the dish was very flimsy. It did not have a ring mount like most dishes, it just had a small metal X that bolted on the back of the dish about 2 foot across.

Anyway, I was looking around online, and a new Ku dish would be over $100 in the size I need+ Shipping costs too.

So I am looking for a small 6 foot dish. Don't want any mesh holes, small dents would be ok.

I do not need the pole, feedhorn, or actuator. I basically need the mesh dish, polar mount, and the feed arms.

I will be willing to pay all shipping costs and something extra for boxing it up.

PM me if you have a small 6 foot dish, and I will try to work something out.

I'll have a 7.5' mesh Odem available, located in TN, free for the taking in mid July.

If mesh isn't really a requirement, I believe WSI may still have a few of their 6' specials laying around. For the price you cant go wrong.

Sounds to me like a road trip in your area is in order, time to go "Dish Hunting." It just may surprise you what you might find.

Or put an ad on Craigs list, find a picture of any large dish and say something like "Do you have one of these ugly things in your back yard? Want it taken out FREE?" Suggest that you might be willing to remove their dish and if they want the concrete taken out too and re-leveled, you are willing to work for VERY LITTLE money.

Just a thought.

Photto

I have several ads on clist. I am going for a little dish hunting today. I do not want a steel dish, heavy, easily caught by wind, can rust and dent, and lasts no where as near as long as a aluminum one can.

Well I went about 70 miles today driving through the country, and did not find one dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.