Looking for a Captain 8000HD manual

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmd63

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Does anyone have a PDF of a Captain 8000HD manual?

Got one off ebay to play with for HD on a different TV but can't see where to add or edit satellites (other than trying with a null cable and loader).

Can't believe I can't find any Kind of manual info on this. Most hack sites are gone now or they would have probably had something.
Found a email for Captain receivers but, no surprise I guess, have not got a reply back.

Seems like a nice working receiver, bit week in sensitivity but nice and clear. If only I could find how to add satellites and edit satellite names. Can't see anywhere in the menus where it can be done. Has to be though.

Was going to try Channelmaster and a cable but it looks like Channelmaster may not work with it (not listed in it's menu's anyway).

Have you looked everywhere? lol In the menus, I mean. I had a viewsat, and the add-satellite thing was hidden under the Transponder scan menu, I think. Some of these things you really have to look for. Or maybe there is a way to rename and existing satellite, change it's orbital location also...if necessary for motor control.

I think I'm S.O.L. on this one. Finally found some old posts from a couple years ago on Neusat 9000's (sounds like the Neusat 9000 and the Capatain 8000 were almost the same - like Icon and Satopia).

People with those were saying the same thing. Does not seem like you can export info out of the box or back into it, unless it is in the form of a factory bin file.

I never heard of anything like this? how useless is your STB if you can't add or edit satellites. :rant:

gmd63
I'll look on the cd that I got with the Captain 8000, when I bought it, and see if there is a pdf of the manual
on it, and post it later this week, if there is.

Bob

gmd63
Took a look thru my 8000 manual, and there is nothing in it for adding sats, or tp's, so I won't bother looking
for the cd that came with it. I did add a sat, and some tp's last fall, and it was a pain in the ass to work with,
but I got it done after a lot of playing around.

Bob

Thanks for the try. I know it has two "user satellites" that you can use for extras, but thats it.
Oh well, it was only $25. :rolleyes:

I use the Captain 8000 (Converted Neusat 9000) as a slave to a coolsat 5000. Use it to pick up 2:0 hd feeds that the Coolsat can't pick up. No 2:2 though! I use the 2 user sats, one for ku other for c band. I will comment more if requested, as not much info on this receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)