Looking for a cheap DVR solution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Does dish have a reciever that is dual tuner, that I can use as a dvr to record to an external hard drive.

I have to boys that need to share a reciever, but also would like the capability to record to an external hard drive without having to pay a DVR fee.

Well, no. The cheapest dual-tuner DVR is the 612, at $10 a month + $6 DVR fee. Depending on your current configuration, you may not have to pay the $10 fee, for a single 612.

How many receivers do you have now, which receivers are they, and how many receivers do you wish to add?

How many HDTVs? How many SDTVs?

We don't have a dual tuner receiver that can be converted into a DVR (222 and 222k can not convert), but one 222 ($14) does cost the same as two 211's ($7 each, of course the EHD would need to be shared unless you had 2).

Right now I have 2 a 922 and a 722. But i own both of those. Im laid off so 1 solution would be sell both that i own and lease a 722 and find the cheapest alternative for a 2nd DVR for the kids.

I hav have 1 HD and 1 STD hooked to my 922.
My kids have 2 STD hooked to a 722.

John Corn said:
Right now I have 2 a 922 and a 722. But i own both of those. Im laid off so 1 solution would be sell both that i own and lease a 722 and find the cheapest alternative for a 2nd DVR for the kids.

I hav have 1 HD and 1 STD hooked to my 922.
My kids have 2 STD hooked to a 722.

U can add a ehd to the 722. No activation fee. Can't record directly to it. Move programs back and forth to the 722, not necessary to move back to 722 to watch.
I believe just about any external usb HD (1T), will work. Must have external power supply

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

R0ss said:
U can add a ehd to the 722. No activation fee. Can't record directly to it. Move programs back and forth to the 722, not necessary to move back to 722 to watch.
I believe just about any external usb HD (1T), will work. Must have external power supply

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

That is not entirely correct. You can record to an external drive. Look in the preferences menu. Menu 8 5 then erd setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts