Looking for a fan to cool my 722K

Yeah, that fan is one of the recommended ones for this. It'll work perfectly. Just set it to blow OUT on the back left side of the receiver if you are facing the front.

eBay, This cost a bit more but comes with its own power supply.

I have a predecessor which just glues the two fans to the DVR with gasket material. Worked good until I changes out the VIP622 for the VIP722K. The gasket material came apart so for the time being I used tape to hold the fans in place. Now with the Hopper, I need to come with a little better mount as the Hopper isn't as tall.

But the fans are still going for over 6 years.

This newer setup has a housing for the fans. A little better setup to me.

I replaced the top cover on my 722 with the slotted cover from a 222. Fits just like the original. Problem is to obtain one. I came across a 222 that was left from a storage building clean out. That was just luck. But that cover has slots all over and let's the receiver ventilate nicely. The 722 should have been shipped with that cover in the first place. It will fit the 722k just as well, because it is essentially a 722k without DVR. They all seem to use the same chassis.

I had the dual fan one there that Brussam posted. It worked great. To big for the hopper so I have it lying around. If you are interested in it, send me a PM.

I have used a twin fan laptop cooler unit under my 722 for years. Unit is in a closed cabinet with vent holes above and below. Cooler runs off the rear USB port of the 722. It is virtually silent.

I own my vip722, so I was more radial. The internal hard drive has room underneath it for a real screw on hard drive cooling fan. Works great.

I replaced the top cover on my 722 with the slotted cover from a 222 ... But that cover has slots all over and let's the receiver ventilate nicely.
Holes or vents also allow dust in, which isn't good either. If the covers are interchangeable, which I believe you, there's probably a reason they don't use the vented cover on DVRs.

Holes or vents also allow dust in, which isn't good either. If the covers are interchangeable, which I believe you, there's probably a reason they don't use the vented cover on DVRs.

I agree. But also the fans are like a vacuum cleaner and sucks the dust in and blow it all over the inside of the receiver.

I was looking for a small fan to cool my 722K and found this on another forum:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00080G0BK/?tag=satell01-20

Is that okay? Anyone here use that?

I remember there used to be talk about how these DVRs get warm and cause problems over in the Dish Technical forum here, but I just noticed that forum is no longer around.
I have been using that same one for 2 years now. Works great, no problems.

I had the dual fan one there that Brussam posted. It worked great. To big for the hopper so I have it lying around. If you are interested in it, send me a PM.

I just saw your message tonight. I had ordered the fan in my original post this morning from Amazon though. Thanks anyways. :)

I have been using that same one for 2 years now. Works great, no problems.

Great to hear. :) I should be getting mine on Thursday.

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

Wow, it went up (guess our demand for it here raised the price). I recall spending less than $10 for mine.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. $12.41

I bought a six inch fan at walmart for $6. If their is room in your cabinet it works better than the laptop fans, but requires a 110 plug. Lots of air though. I had a usb laptop fan, but was not happy with the air output.

I run mine all of the time. But it needs to blow OUT of the left rear vents, not in. It will suck the hot air out of the vent.

If I recall, I set mine to a setting somewhere under full power, trying to find a balance between noise level and airflow. Yes, make sure it is sucking air OUT the left side, not blowing air in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts