Looking For A Good Dual Port C Band LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
I am looking for a dual C band LNBF to replace my DMX741 LNBF, to be used with a ChannelMaster Quad switch. Right now I am using the Commercial 1.2M Ku dish and two Ku LNBF with the ChannelMaster switch and pointed to 97W.

The DMX741 is only scanning very few channels with the 6' dish since it only scans either vertical or horizontal TPs with my present setup.

Any recommendation on a good dual C band LNBF is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

What's your price range?

Thanks primestar31,

The ESX242 is priced just right. I do understand that this LNBF is good for connecting two different receivers at the same time, but if both terminal carry the Vertical and Horizontal Tp signal, which of the LNBF terminals gets connected to the ChannelMaster 13V and 18V terminal.

Thanks

One line goes to V and the other to H. It depends on how you have it installed and adjusted on your dish. When the dish is pointed at your south zenith (not south sat, just top of the arc whether it's pointed at a sat or not) you want one of the antennas inside to be completely level, and the other at 90 degrees (straight up and down). Once you have those antennas skewed right, and if hooking the cables up doesn't work, reverse them between V and H on the switch and it should now work.

I have just finished ordering the LNBF from the vendor you pointed out, it should arrive at my house around the 17th of this month.

Will post my results when the LNBF is in place.
Thanks again.

More switch questions, since I own two receivers (microHD and X2 Premium) when it comes to use both of them at the same time it seems that two DiSeqc switches are going to be use with the ChannelMaster, is there any more hardware needed as well to accomplish this task.

Slightly off subject; do you know of any hardware/adapter/converter to use with a non High Defenition receiver to make it H.D compatible, something like the ones use to make the old style Tv H.D compatible. LOL!!.

More switch questions, since I own two receivers (microHD and X2 Premium) when it comes to use both of them at the same time it seems that two DiSeqc switches are going to be use with the ChannelMaster, is there any more hardware needed as well to accomplish this task.

Slightly off subject; do you know of any hardware/adapter/converter to use with a non High Defenition receiver to make it H.D compatible, something like the ones use to make the old style Tv H.D compatible. LOL!!.

Sure! Slide a new HD receiver on top of it, and move all the cables over to it. Receivers are cheap and a dime a dozen. Even if there was some sort of "converter" I'm sure it would cost more than a receiver.

For your switches, you'll need dual output lnb's all around if you are going to use diseqc switches and only two receivers. If more than two receivers, you'll possibly need a combination of diseqc AND 4x8 type switches. It all depends on how many dishes and lnbs you have.

I thought that you would get a chuckle of by converter question.

Back on track, my yard is very small so therefore I am limiting myself to only two dishes, a dedicated Ku band and a dedicated C band dish. So the ESX424 LNBF qualifies as a dual output LNBF, but I don,t think that the two individual commercial Ku band LNBF on the Ku dish do qualifies as a true dual output LNBF, therefore I have to find some other alternative.

In the meantime I will do some more research on this matter untill my new ESX242 LNBF arrives.

I thought that you would get a chuckle of by converter question.

Back on track, my yard is very small so therefore I am limiting myself to only two dishes, a dedicated Ku band and a dedicated C band dish. So the ESX424 LNBF qualifies as a dual output LNBF, but I don,t think that the two individual commercial Ku band LNBF on the Ku dish do qualifies as a true dual output LNBF, therefore I have to find some other alternative.

In the meantime I will do some more research on this matter untill my new ESX242 LNBF arrives.

It does if they are setup as one for V and the other for H and you put the cable from each one into the inputs of a 4x4 (or -8) switch. Either the 22k OFF or 22k ON side. Since they are KU, I'd advise using the 22k ON side. That leaves the 22k OFF for your c-band dish. If you go this way, you don't even need a DisEqc switch at all, just the 4x4 (or -8). 4 will handle up to 4 receivers. 8 will handle 8...

Here's a good cheap one that doesn't need separate power: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140629670740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Last edited:
Because both Ku LNBF were not contained in the same casing that made me sort of brain dead LOL!!. So my ChannelMaster Model 6904IFD1 4X4 multiswitch will do the job with my future setup. I know that the ECODA MS44 4X4 multiswitch is a very good switch I will keep it in mind when my ChannelMaster kicks the bucket.

Thanks for all your help and information.

Anole.

Thanks for the switch drawings they are indeed very helpful and appreciated by all of us who are trying to add additional receivers.

Is it a common practice to asign and use the 22k "Off" for the C band LNBF, and the 22k "On" for the Ku LNBF or does it not matters to the receiver when using just two individual dual LNBF. Still not completely understanding the 13V/18V switching functions of the receiver commands to the LNBFs, should I be conserned about that at all.

Thanks.

The 22khz OFF to C band, and 22khz ON to Ku is strictly arbitrary.
However, if the multi switch passes 22khz to the Ku lnbfs and they're Universal OR Standard, they'll work.
So, you could use either.
(No real way to run Universal in their low band, but mostly nobody [out west] cares). ;)
A few have demonstrated how to get both high & low Ku bands and feed them to multiple receivers, but that goes beyond the directive of "Simple", well onto the "Advanced" category.
So I will leave that for the advanced FTAer. ;)
Concerning the 13/18 volt switching, the multi switch takes care of it automatically.
That's why you use the multi switch.
There may be a brief explanation in the Switches Simplified FAQ.
?.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)