TFC West on Galaxy 19 silent.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CacheFreeTV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Utah
It appears TFC west (CA)on Galaxy 19 is now silent. For a few days it went to audio only, then dead air for the past several days. There appears to be signal, and it's not scrambled.

I know, I was warned that this may happen, but still disappointing.

I was hoping it was a technical problem, but I guess not. If we really want it, we'll have to pay for TFC Now on the internet, but it's "on demand". I wish it was a live stream, though. I refuse to pay what the pay TV bandits want for it - $25 a month on top of the cost of a "package" that I don't want or need, it adds up to about $75 a month. That's an outrageous price to pay for access to a single channel!

Thanks for the info! I found it, but... I had to add the transponder.
I learned something new today, and I'm still learning!

Sorry folks. West now back with audio only and no picture. East is now SCRAMBLED. A loud Pinoy wail will be heard throughout the continent.

Curse you, TFC!

I wouldn't mind paying $10 a month or so for this channel - live. But the only way to get it seems to be available is to pay $25 a month ON TOP of a ridiculously priced "package" that I neither want or need.

Curse you, TFC!

I wouldn't mind paying $10 a month or so for this channel - live. But the only way to get it seems to be available is to pay $25 a month ON TOP of a ridiculously priced "package" that I neither want or need.

It is offered online now. You can deal directly with tfc.tv or google "tfc iptv". There is a dealer in Arizona that offers a box that will stream the signal to your tv (works sort of like roku, but the box is dedicated to tfc). Either way you can get tfc for as little as 12.99 a month. tfc.tv has a one week free trial if you want to try it first.

Curse you, TFC!

This reminds me in the early days of computer software. Price might have been $1000. People stole it. Over the years, prices reduced to <$100 or $50 perhaps. People pay it. I had same situation with cable: channel I wanted required a package upgrade before I could buy a premium channel. One channel would have cost an additional $25/month with this scheme. I cancelled all subscription TV. Life does go on without subscription TV.

I don't understand WHY there is so much content from other countries on FTA, but nothing from the Philippines. Not even news, just one lousy religious channel.

If I had money, I would put up a FTA channel of Pinoy news, entertainment and movies, selling advertising time and asking donations ala PBS to support it. As long as it broke even, it would kill TFC.

It is offered online now. You can deal directly with tfc.tv or google "tfc iptv". There is a dealer in Arizona that offers a box that will stream the signal to your tv (works sort of like roku, but the box is dedicated to tfc). Either way you can get tfc for as little as 12.99 a month. tfc.tv has a one week free trial if you want to try it first.

Yea, been there, done that. I prefer a live stream rather than or in addition to On Demand. And they should have it on Roku - I don't need or want another box in my living room, and a media computer is a pain in the ass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts