Looking for a good program to organize/watch streaming channels

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I would like to find a program that works in windows or a device that will let me stream any free channels online. I have a local PA channel that I watch online but it runs off WMP. I tried to setup WMC to run it but it isn't very user friendly for me. Is there a program that will allow you to bookmark pages that have live streaming so you can select that channel easily from a menu? I would like to put all of my favorite channels in the same area so I can select them quickly. I haven't used a WDTV or a Roku etc but I am interested in finding the most versatile one.

I would like to find a program that works in windows or a device that will let me stream any free channels online. I have a local PA channel that I watch online but it runs off WMP. I tried to setup WMC to run it but it isn't very user friendly for me. Is there a program that will allow you to bookmark pages that have live streaming so you can select that channel easily from a menu? I would like to put all of my favorite channels in the same area so I can select them quickly. I haven't used a WDTV or a Roku etc but I am interested in finding the most versatile one.

I used to just have "Playlists" linking to each individual stream that I accessed through Windows Media Center (placed in the Video library). For example take the following text and paste it into notepad (Minus the quotation marks): "mms://winstream.kamu.tamu.edu/kamu-tv?mswmext=.asf" Save as Kamu.asx instead of text. Then place it in a folder within your video library. Open Media Center and go to your video library, look for Kamu, click, and it should launch within Media Center. You can make a separate folder within your library labeled "Channels" and place several similarly formatted asx files within it and then have a list of channels by the file name you choose to easily access within Media Center. Besides mms, it should work for other stream formats like http if they can be launched in media player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts