Looking for a low noise fan to cool off turner (plug into 110 AC)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hot AV Receiver

I have a Pioneer VSX-29TX that likes to over heat and I'm also looking for a quiet fan. Suggestions anyone???

NMB box fan ??

I bought some box fans to build a 3-fan cooling system for my Sony 5300. I haven't installed them yet. I got the lowest capacity rated for 115 vac, 60cfm. The spec. sheet sez 31dB ea., but I won't know what that really means in my listening area until I have the system installed. My idea is to have 3 such fans spread across the top of the unit sucking the air up and out. If that doesn't work right I can raise the receiver and have them blowing into the bottom, which would be the best configuration but a bunch more hassle to install. I also bought a close-on-rise adjustable temp. switch to control them on/off. These fans should be capable of running at lower voltage, hence lower cfm and quieter. So if they are too loud running full tilt I'll try using something like a light dimmer to slow them down a bit. A second thermal switch can be used to "stage" them as well. I chose this type in part because they are ball bearing type vs. the cheaper and less reliable sleeve type. I got them through a local electrical parts distributor for about $13 ea, IIRC...

Attachments

• NMB Fan 4715-FS-12T.pdf
    104.8 KB · Views: 174
Well like I said, I got them from a local electrical parts store, the kind of place that deals primarily with contractors. They had to order them, but they shipped in about 2 weeks. IIRC they were about $13 ea. plus tax. I'll confirm the price tonight. I looked at the NMB site and a stock check took me to Newark (parts distributor). Newark has them in stock for $17.49 ea, plus S&H...

NMB Technologies Corporation

NMB | 4715FS-12T-B00-D00 | Fans & Blowers | Fans, Heat Sinks & Thermal Management | Newark.com

EDIT 08/12/08: The price I paid for those fans at retail was $16.45 ea. plus tax, not the "~$13" I reported above...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)