Status
Please reply by conversation.

larrchev

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
essex county canada
Hello
My old favorite receivers,a Pansat 2700A and Fortec Star Ultra work great for me on my favorite six FTA satellites,however they do not receive DVB-S2.Are there newer receivers out there at reasonable prices that can receive DVB-S2?I do not record anything so that's not a necessary option.Also,although I'm a retired electronic tech,I don't want to install internal auxillary boards to receive DCB-S2.Are there any Canadian sites available to purchase new receivers?
Thanks folks!

the best "bang for your buck" dvb-s2 receiver is the openbox s9.....unless you are looking for specific options....

yeah the Openbox is the cheapest S2 receiver really out there. It can blind scan
The Coolsat 8000/8100 also do S2 and can be had cheaper but no blind scan and have been discontinued for a while

Hello
My old favorite receivers,a Pansat 2700A and Fortec Star Ultra work great for me on my favorite six FTA satellites,however they do not receive DVB-S2.Are there newer receivers out there at reasonable prices that can receive DVB-S2?I do not record anything so that's not a necessary option.Also,although I'm a retired electronic tech,I don't want to install internal auxillary boards to receive DCB-S2.Are there any Canadian sites available to purchase new receivers?
Thanks folks!

Dr Sat is a member on here who is in Canada. I expect you can get a deal from him on stuff you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)