Looking for a wireless device to stream music from my network or online.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
OK,

I'm sitting here wanting to go cook in the kitchen but the only way I can hear my music is to crank it up, and still doesn't sound good from the other room.

Is there a device similar to a boombox, that I can listen to music from my mp3 library, iTunes, etc., or even stream Pandora or radio from the net??

It can plug in electrically, but would need to be wireless, as I don't have CAT-5 strung throughout the house. That way I can also move it from room to room.

Thanks.

I use a Logitech Squeezebox. Works great! (I added a battery to it so I can use it when no plugged in) :)

I think they are on sale this week at Best Buy.

If you had an apple airport extreme network you could simply add a $99 Airport Express, plugged into a power outlet, and connect the speaker out to some speakers, and you could simply stream music from iTunes.

Another cheap option would NOT involve streaming, but just buy a small iHome speaker (about $50 from Amazon. $60 from Best Buy) and dock an iPod/iPhone to it. I just got one for my wife for Christmas. Specifically for the kitchen.

Don't even need an Airport Extreme. I have 2 Airport Express's using my dlink router. They work perfectly. Added bonus. One of mine is used to network my 722.

I use bluetooth stereo headphones paired with my laptop about half the time. This is the same as mine.
LG HBS-250 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones - Tested + Warranty | eBay

The other half of the time I use a sansa clip mp3 player hooked to the neck of my shirt and the headphones twist tied very short.

Either of these options allow freedom of movement without getting tangled up. The bluetooth has volume control, pause the song, song before, next song and a basic equalizer all built into one of the earphones. It is rechargeable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts