Looking for advice on a FTA Receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MN_Vikings

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Bloomington MN
I just purchased a "MKit-5 FTA- C/KU Band Choice Set" from Sadoun, (Fortec Star 6' motorized Dish, C\Ku setup): http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/Motorized-combo-satellite-dish.htm I have not installed it yet and still getting all my components and mount together as well as waiting for it to get a little warmer. I purchased this package without a receiver thinking I could get a better/cheaper one after I get my dish installed. I have read through these forums and reviews for sometime and could not find an answer to my question. Is there one C\KU FTA Receiver that does it all? I want to get C\KU, 4dtv, analog, digital DCII, dvb, and anything else available. I understand I could slave two receivers together but is there one receiver that does it all? I want the best... Also, If I fail and screw up the installation of my dish could someone give me a referral for someone in my area to help me out that would be great. I live in BloomingtonMinnesota.

Thanks much.
Tom from Minnesota
MN_Vikings

Unfortunately, there is no One Receiver solution at this time. There ain't likely to be one when you include the DCII and analog in your question? But the rest is quite possible (however still not likely), we've been waiting and waiting and waiting, and we're still waiting......

Well, I have a G.I DSR 922 for 4dtv, and a Qualitv (QS-1080IR) DVB receiver for HD and 4:2:2, and a Pansat 3500s DVB receiver for most of the SD feeds I watch. I also have a Coolsat 5000, Traxis 3500, and Manhattan Plaza I use at times. Also have a Twinhan 102g PCI card that I rarely use.
It's hard to recommend something, because there's no easy/cheap solution for getting the most. To get what you've asked, it will take at least a 4dtv receiver (920 or 922) and an HD DVB receiver with Blind scan. Even with that, you'll still be missing a combination of S2 or 4:2:2 or Blind Scan or ATSC tv tuner, and probably some things I'm not remembering right now?

Welcome :wave from another Twin Citian (actually just across the river from you in Shakopee)

I have not installed it yet and still getting all my components and mount together as well as waiting for it to get a little warmer.
oh come on now...you want ot get this done now and not in June right ;)

Is there one C\KU FTA Receiver that does it all? I want to get C\KU, 4dtv, analog, digital DCII, dvb, and anything else available.
as voomvoom noted no such animal. 4DTV is digital DCII. analog & 4DTV can be had with a 920 or 922. DVB is a FTA receiver. I use a Pansat 9200 and an old analog box. The 9200 can do HD & has a ASTC tuner in it.

Also, If I fail and screw up the installation of my dish could someone give me a referral for someone in my area to help me out that would be great.

we'll help ya through it :)
I have the dish you got (actually two of them) but not the motor for it (that's coming soon) :)

I was under the impression that a 6' dish was too small for regular and solid 4DTV subscription to all c-band birds.

edit
: also, I can never remember which BSC-621 dual-band LNBf you want to go with a 4DTV, but maybe someone can comment on the matter.

Last edited:
The BSC621 will work for 4DTV as the KU is standard. The -2 is Universal

a 6 footer isnt the best for 4DTV (sans 105..I proved that the other day) but works fine for DVB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts