Looking for advice

satnewb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 9, 2011
New Baltimore, MI
Trying to switch to an outdoor OTA antenna. Currently have this.....

I get about 25 channels. My local fox affiliate is hit and miss and I'd like to try and get a more reliable signal. It's coming in great today but tomorrow will probably be different.

So I had this thing laying around and mounted it outside on the detached garage. Ran about 50 feet of cable to the included amplifier and then to the TV in the garage and I get.........absolutely nothing. It's about 15 feet up with no obstructions. TV fool has me about 30 miles from the towers. It's a vhf/uhf antenna. I know my fox affiliate is a vhf signal. Gonna try and repoint it and play around a little but I really expected to get at least a few channels just throwing it up there. It's pointed in the rough general direction. I was a Dish installer for 3 years so this is in my wheelhouse.

Attachments

• IMAG1170.jpg
    IMAG1170.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG1171.jpg
    IMAG1171.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 144180_1_zoom.jpg
    144180_1_zoom.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 129
Ha! Never mind. The issue was the old tube TV in the garage. Tuner must have gone out. Tried a different TV and got 38 channels including Channel 9 in Windsor. All the HD is perfectly clear without any pixellation.

Ha! Never mind. The issue was the old tube TV in the garage. Tuner must have gone out. Tried a different TV and got 38 channels including Channel 9 in Windsor. All the HD is perfectly clear without any pixellation.
Tube TV probably has a NTSC tuner so it won't recognize todays ATSC channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)