Looking for an idea on rear speakers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ok, looking for advice on rear speaker placement, again. The living room is a horrible setup, its rectangular shaped at about 23feet long and 13.5 feet wide. The display and speakers being up against one wall, and our chairs up against the other wall (13.5 feet away).

I tried mounting some small speakers on each end of the wall behind us, kind of toed in, but it felt like it was always in my ear and very annoying. I’ve been looking at another way, but curious on “how” I should do it.

The wall behind us is 10 feet tall, and then has a large deep ledge for whatever reason (design snafu), and then that wall continues up and the ceiling is much higher. My thought was:

Mount these Klipsch speakers up high on the wall, below the ledge (9feet up?) and having them fire above our heads towards the other wall. Or, lay them down on the ledge and have them fire up towards the ceiling. All of this would be worked out with Audyssey XT32, just not real sure how to do it, or even if I should.

Here is an old shot of the tv wall

IMG_40094941350947_zpsfad55401.jpeg

Just like our side, except chairs against the wall. A couple of feet above that door frame would be the ledge on our side.

Would like to use these:

RS-62-FrontII_635042249024980000_medium.jpg

RS-62-BackII_635042249129670000_medium.jpg

Would a good plan be to mount them high up on the wall, about in line with each front tower?

Those need to be mounted on the sides about 2 feet above your ears but not sure how'd they sound that far apart. I'd try it and run audyssey and see what it comes up with. XT is pretty good so it might not be that bad. I'm running mine about 10-12 feet apart behind me due to the room and ran mine on my Denon and it really helped

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts