Looking for DIRT assistance

psdstu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Marianna, FL
I am trying to change from the Smartpack with Heartland to Top 250 package.

While on the Smartpack and Heartland I could view the Smartpack Locals in HD and the Heartland Package in HD.

Since I switched over to the Top 250 Package....which I did this morning........ the only channels I now see in HD are the Locals and the Free Preview Channels..... none of the Top 250 or the Heartland are in HD.

I called Dish and they tried to send refresh signals, unplug the 211K receiver, and run check switches all with no success......still no HD channels except the Free Preview Channels.....not even the Heartland HD Channels which were working fine.

I was wondering if DIRT could assist..... and see if something else short of a visit scheduled for Monday afternoon might be possible.

I have a 722K which I could try.... but it just seems to me like something at DISH for HD in my Top 250 package is not properly setup.

Thanks

You will get a PM back at some point. Look at the top right of the page. You will have an "alert" lit up when you get a PM.

If you have your Satelliteguys account set to e-mail you when you get alerts, you can also read the messages in your e-mail.

Be sure to let us know what happens

Reactions: ChadT41
After spending several hours with a DIRT rep it was determined that I have to switch to the Eastern Arc now in order to get my channels in HD. I was told by the DIRT rep that an appt was setup now for Tuesday AM to install a new dish... but when I looked on the DISH website it said my appt is for Wed AM...not Tuesday as I was told byt eh DIRT rep......so I am going to have to straighten that out.

So as of right now.....no HD...for me until I switch to a new dish....

Hmmm .... I do not want to interfere with DIRT helping you but I want to at least throw out there - is it possible you do not have HD for life and need to pay for HD or get it added to your account? If you are sure you only get locals and Preview channels in HD that does not seem like changing ARC's will fix it. (You may need to change ARC's because your locals will no longer be on the Western ARC - that is a different problem) Even if you are not getting the 129 satellite, both 110 and 119 have a few channels in HD that you would get, as one example USA Network.

I can tell you this, simply changing ARC's is not on it's own going to magically give you HD on all your channels or at the least is not needed right now to get that accomplished if you are positive only locals and Preview are in HD now. I have to assume by preview you mean HBO and MAX at the moment? If you are getting those in HD changing ARC's doesn't seem to be the answer. Adding HD to your account would appear to be the answer. Keep in mind I can not see what the DIRT person can.

When you go online and look at your account is there an indication you have HD or HD for life?

Reactions: TheKrell
Hmmm .... I do not want to interfere with DIRT helping you but I want to at least throw out there - is it possible you do not have HD for life and need to pay for HD or get it added to your account? If you are sure you only get locals and Preview channels in HD that does not seem like changing ARC's will fix it. (You may need to change ARC's because your locals will no longer be on the Western ARC - that is a different problem) Even if you are not getting the 129 satellite, both 110 and 119 have a few channels in HD that you would get, as one example USA Network.

I can tell you this, simply changing ARC's is not on it's own going to magically give you HD on all your channels or at the least is not needed right now to get that accomplished if you are positive only locals and Preview are in HD.

I wish I knew the answer to your question....... I am POSITIVE THAT I AM GETTING MY LOCALS AND THE HBO/NFL NETWORK in HD....

I am getting 110, 119 and 129 with GOOD Signal Strength.

I do know this..... the DIRT Rep I was working with only works Wed - Sat......

If there is/was a way for another DIRT Rep to look at this problem then I am ALL FOR THAT.....

How would I get a NEW DIRT rep to take a look at my problem????

Can I please get another DIRT Rep to look into this?????

Thanks!

Just to be clear, I know you are positive on that, but the other part of that - are you sure you are not getting any other channels in the Top 250 in HD - like channel 105 USA? If you go to the ALL channels guide and look do you see channels like 105 listed as HD?

Just to be clear, I know you are positive on that, but the other part of that - are you sure you are not getting any other channels in the Top 250 in HD - like channel 105 USA? If you go to the ALL channels guide and look do you see channels like 105 listed as HD?

Not a problem.

Going to ALL Channels I get the following in HD up tp Channel 300

102, 154, 167, and 300 HBO...

Below is are the comments from my DIRT Rep conversations:

1. Thank you! It looks like the Top 250 HD was not added when you upgraded your account. I can cancel the tech visit and get the HD 250 added to your account if you would like.

2. I just want to verify that you have all of the satellites needed. Can you please go to menu 6-1-3 and then tell me what satellites you have listed in box G?

3. Thanks! The issue that I am having now is that the system is wanting to do what they call an Eastern arc migration and get your dish upgraded. This is not the reason that you had a tech scheduled before, but it is asking me to set up a tech to get this done for you. The worry is, if this is not done, you might not be able to access some of your stations.

So thats where I'm at..... and I would love if another DIRT Rep would confirm whats going on.

Well DIRT is saying EXACTLY what I said. (And what Chatd41 said) All you need to do is get the Top250 HD added and you will have your HD channels. That can be done in an instant.
As for changing to the Eastern Arc, that too sounds like what I said - it may be your locals will no longer be on the Western Arc so at some point you will need the Eastern Arc. You should probably let them do that change, but to get HD all that needs to be done is to turn on HD for your account. If you have HD for life it will be free, otherwise their may be a $10 a month charge. If that is the case you may be able to get them to drop the charge at least for a year a two.

Reactions: TheKrell
Well DIRT is saying EXACTLY what I said. (And what Chatd41 said) All you need to do is get the Top250 HD added and you will have your HD channels. That can be done in an instant.
As for changing to the Eastern Arc, that too sounds like what I said - it may be your locals will no longer be on the Western Arc so at some point you will need the Eastern Arc. You should probably let them do that change, but to get HD all that needs to be done is to turn on HD for your account. If you have HD for life it will be free, otherwise their may be a $10 a month charge. If that is the case you may be able to get them to drop the charge at least for a year a two.

I do have HD for life.

I don't know why DIRT was not able to get the Top250 HD added after she was the one that told me that was the problem????

Perhaps another DIRT Rep will/would have better luck getting my Top 250 HD turned on?

Any ideas on how I can get another DIRT Rep to look into that?

Thanks

To get in touch with any DIRT rep all you have to do is PM them (start a conversation). The Dirt Reps show up on the main forum page in RED on the right hand side right below the forum staff. If you do this, be sure to include the ENTIRE conversation from the previous rep and explain that you would like the new rep to take a look at the info and help you.

To get in touch with any DIRT rep all you have to do is PM them (start a conversation). The Dirt Reps show up on the main forum page in RED on the right hand side right below the forum staff. If you do this, be sure to include the ENTIRE conversation from the previous rep and explain that you would like the new rep to take a look at the info and help you.

Thanks.

I will keep an eye out to see if one of them is working today.

My experience dealing with about 4 different DIRT reps is that they fix stuff within seconds of hearing about it. Surprised your missing HDFFL wasn't resolved as quickly.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts