Looking for DIRT assistance

My experience dealing with about 4 different DIRT reps is that they fix stuff within seconds of hearing about it. Surprised your missing HDFFL wasn't resolved as quickly.

Me 2..... I had hoped for a better outcome......

I am now waiting for a response from the PM I sent to the DIRT Team Member named mike_dishNetwork about an hour ago.......hopefully he will be able to resolve my issue.

Not sure how long it takes for DIRT to reply to PM's.

After sending a lengthy PM explaining the background of my issue.......here is the latest response that I got from the DIRT Rep....

psdstu,

I do see you have a technician visit setup to resolve this issue. When they come they will not only replace the satellite dish they will change the LNB out to make sure you get all of your channels in SD and HD.

With you not getting all of your HD channels, it seems like you will need to have the LNB changed out to get the correct channels.

Thanks

Thats it...... thats my answer........I am 0-2 with trying to get a DIRT member to provide me with my Top 250 in HD without needing to set me up on the Eastern Arc...... I know when to say when..... so it would seem that it's time to let this go and see what magiclly happens when the Tech arrives on Wed.

Honestly, and I hate to say this, your best bet is to call in right now, or wait for the migration. I can tell you exactly what is happening.
When they add the tag code for the hd, it will prompt a migration. They have to actually go in, and bypass that manually, to get hd on at the moment, then change it back and add the tech visit for the migration.
That's if you want hd right now. It is also, in most cases, againstost business policies and should only be done by a supervisor.

I can almost guarantee that's what is happening, and because the tech is already scheduled, they do not want to mess with that, as there is no guarantee you can get the same appt once completed.

Reactions: TheKrell
Honestly, and I hate to say this, your best bet is to call in right now, or wait for the migration. I can tell you exactly what is happening.
When they add the tag code for the hd, it will prompt a migration. They have to actually go in, and bypass that manually, to get hd on at the moment, then change it back and add the tech visit for the migration.
That's if you want hd right now. It is also, in most cases, againstost business policies and should only be done by a supervisor.

I can almost guarantee that's what is happening, and because the tech is already scheduled, they do not want to mess with that, as there is no guarantee you can get the same appt once completed.

Thanks Chad!

It's unfortunate that in my case I could not get a straight answer about what the problem was/is..... and I suspect that you are correct.

Hopefully Wed it can all get sorted out.

Not a problem. Don't be hard on dirt. I'm sure that's what they were attempting to say, but still not expose to much or lead you wondering more. Basic answer, and how dish really wants it, "wait for the tech". After the tech is there, everything should work beautifully.

Triggering an EA migration when you do something to your account is one thing. But removing HD channels when you do something is just plain wrong. Whoever programmed it that way should have his head examined. If this is some sort of squirrelly Dish policy, it's perverse.

They do not remove the hd stations. He went from the smart pack(does not include hd) to the at250. In order to have the hd added on it is a line item, that likely triggered a tech visit for a migration. If you already have hd, and need a migration, they do not remove your hd. In this specific case, they were trying to add it on.

After sending a lengthy PM explaining the background of my issue.......here is the latest response that I got from the DIRT Rep....

psdstu,..............

With you not getting all of your HD channels, it seems like you will need to have the LNB changed out to get the correct channels.

Not likely the problem as we have described.

They do not remove the hd stations. He went from the smart pack(does not include hd) to the at250. In order to have the hd added on it is a line item, that likely triggered a tech visit for a migration. If you already have hd, and need a migration, they do not remove your hd. In this specific case, they were trying to add it on.

In fact I was getting HD with the Smartpack...... my locals were in HD......and I also had the Heartland Package which is HD........ thats what I tried my best to explain to both the DIRT Reps..... so this talk of HD triggering an ARC change is strange because I was already getting HD.....and I'm still getting HD on my Locals, 102, 154,167 and the HBO, MAX previews...

And they did remove HD when I went from Smartpack with Heartland to TOP 250......the Heartland HD channels such as 179, 187,231 and others..... are NOT in HD for me at this point.... until I switch ARC's.

Sadly at this point it doesn't really matter..... the bottom line from DISH is..... "if I want the Top 250 in HD.......then DISH is bound and determined for me switch ARC's."

They didn't remove hd from you. The smart pack does not have an hd line item. Because you pay extra for it, if the channels are avail in hd, you get them. When you removed the heartland, you removed the hd channels, and added on the at250. Which is SD. To get the hd line item to achieve those channels, without sub'ing to the heartland package, you do need the migration. Now, as for locals, if they are avail on both satellites, in hd, then you will continue to get them one way or the other. But dish is going to straighten it out before you no longer get the hd locals because you are on WA, whenever that change may occur.

Do not confuse the fact that you paid extra for the heartland pack with being subscribed to hd. You were not subscribed to hd while you had the smart pack. They are two completely seperate things, 2 completely seperate line items, and two very different bill amounts.

Reactions: ZachS@DISH
They didn't remove hd from you. The smart pack does not have an hd line item. Because you pay extra for it, if the channels are avail in hd, you get them. When you removed the heartland, you removed the hd channels, and added on the at250. Which is SD. To get the hd line item to achieve those channels, without sub'ing to the heartland package, you do need the migration. Now, as for locals, if they are avail on both satellites, in hd, then you will continue to get them one way or the other. But dish is going to straighten it out before you no longer get the hd locals because you are on WA, whenever that change may occur.

Do not confuse the fact that you paid extra for the heartland pack with being subscribed to hd. You were not subscribed to hd while you had the smart pack. They are two completely seperate things, 2 completely seperate line items, and two very different bill amounts.

10-4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)