Looking for help in Connecticut

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tase2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
Hello

This was my original post in TCF:

Sat2 not being recognized

Hi

I turned on D* today and recd message-Searching for Sat2signal. I went through all the troubleshooting scenarios and then called D*. (I have the HD10-250) The CSR had me switch the cables and low and behold Sat2 now worked and message stating searching for Sat1. So obviously it has something to do with that coax connection. He wanted to set up a service call for $70. So I thought before I did that, I would ask around. He did say it could possibly be the multiswitch also, but I really have no way to get to the roof to check.

Seems to me that this should be something that can be fixed for less than $70. Do you think I just need to change the coax part that screws into the back of the receiver? (Not that I know how to do that).

What do you all think I should do?

Thanks
Mark

Well it appears that I will need somebody to come out to the house to at least check the connection. I was wondering if anyone in Central Connecticut might be interested in helping out. Like I said before D* wants $70 just to come out. So if you yourself or if you know anybody that may be interested in making a few bucks, please let me know. Or if you think calling D* to set up an appointment is the wiser move, you can let me know that too.

Thanks
Mark

It think this was a common problem with the HR10-250 when a bad software version went out. Can you check what your software version it is?

It most likely is the multiswitch though, the multiswitch is built into the dish lnb. The same thing happened to me and the guy came out and instead of switching the lnb, he just switched where the coax was plugged into the multiswitch because their were extra spaces that still worked.

Unfortunately I can not reach the multiswitch. I live in a condo facing the wrong way, so the dish had to go on the roof. I have no ladder.

shappyss said:
It think this was a common problem with the HR10-250 when a bad software version went out. Can you check what your software version it is?

It most likely is the multiswitch though, the multiswitch is built into the dish lnb. The same thing happened to me and the guy came out and instead of switching the lnb, he just switched where the coax was plugged into the multiswitch because their were extra spaces that still worked.

It was not the HR10-250 that had this problem it was the standard definition DTivos and it has been corrected with subsequent software updates. I would suspect a cabling problem. Sorry tase2 I don't live in Connecticut or I would give you a hand.

It was not the HR10-250 that had this problem it was the standard definition DTivos and it has been corrected with subsequent software updates. I would suspect a cabling problem. Sorry tase2 I don't live in Connecticut or I would give you a hand.

silversurfer

Thanks for your reply. I ended up calling D* anyway and setting up an appointment. This way if something goes wrong, it will be there fault.

Mark

Thanks for your reply. I ended up calling D* anyway and setting up an appointment. This way if something goes wrong, it will be there fault.

Mark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)