Looking for Help OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not really this stupid but when I click on your avatar it does not open up an email page. It takes me to your information page that I can't find an email link.
It's not actually email, more like a chat. First click my avatar then you must then click where it says Start A Conversation.

Radar-All.png

Radar-All.png

How is this. Copied the results from TVFools
Jim

I would say your problem is CBS and somewhat PBS. The other majors are all on UHF and a fringe array pointed just a smidge eastof true north should get them. CBS is on VHF high and is weak. I am guessing it will take a long mast VHF-H antenna in addition to the UHF array. Will definitely need an amp. These stations are all 2-edge, which is always a crap shoot. Try running the tvfool report again with an antenna height of 40'. I bet you see big improvement. If so, I would really recommend putting it on your roof or adding a tower.

I was wondering if do to the fact that this location is right on the water, would that make any difference at all. and what about the home made antennas where they put an antenna and attach it to a satellite dish. Is it possible for that to work or am I smoking crack.

Not sure if you saw my answer to your PM. As was mentioned you've got 2Edge reception (signal must bounce off two objects to get to you) and a mix of low/high vhf + uhf at about 60 miles. You are going to need something substantial to get good results. I wouldn't recommend an attic installation. Here in Central PA mine is a mix of high vhf/uhf at 42 and 57 miles away, all 2Edge. I put up a Antennas Direct 91XG and Antennacraft Y10-7-13 high vhf, both excellent antennas, along with a preamp. I'd recommend something like that but the Y5-2-6 and Y10-7-13 have been discontinued :(. Maybe something like this http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=HD8200XL (currently on sale for 69.99) along with a decent preamp. Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)