Looking for Information on Replacing or Upgrading Receivers

Best to call Dish, then come back and report what they say. Lots of changes lately.

You're gonna have to call and get to the rigamaroo of "checking" the powercables, sat connection etc..
(my 722 would only boot, but no status lights and all I got was a high noise from the HD fan, non-stop)

it depends if you own or lease the receivers AND if you have the DPP (dish protection planb)
My 722 went out and I called dish, since the device was a lease, and I was NOT on the DPP plan (used to be) I had to pay $15 for shipping a new device to my home.

In the same box you get a UPS sticker, send the old device back, just the device, not the remotes or anything.

Curiously the new 722 box did not have an external SmartCard, and they wanted to the old one back, so now I am using the built in smart card ;)
Went online to activate the new receiver using my dish network account and I was back in business, within three business days.

You're gonna have to call and get to the rigamaroo of "checking" the powercables, sat connection etc..
(my 722 would only boot, but no status lights and all I got was a high noise from the HD fan, non-stop)

it depends if you own or lease the receivers AND if you have the DPP (dish protection planb)
My 722 went out and I called dish, since the device was a lease, and I was NOT on the DPP plan (used to be) I had to pay $15 for shipping a new device to my home.

In the same box you get a UPS sticker, send the old device back, just the device, not the remotes or anything.

Curiously the new 722 box did not have an external SmartCard, and they wanted to the old one back, so now I am using the built in smart card ;)
Went online to activate the new receiver using my dish network account and I was back in business, within three business days.

This has to do with the OP how?

If you have a local retailer I would stop and talk to them. They should be able to help you out with any questions. If not, then you're stuck with talking to Dish.

Does the $15 for shipping cover shipping the bad receiver back? I think I would like to upgrade my broken 322 (primary receiver) to a 722. I don't have any DVRs. Would I get charged an upgrade fee?

I was under the impression you could get one DVR without paying an upgrade fee. Now I think that is probably just for new customers.

it depends

upgrades can vary just call and ask.

last september I got an HDTV, so I was looking into
upgrading my DVR (I had a 525 and a 625 at the time).
back then they had the "Dish it up" specials on the web
and I also called and asked - was told it would be $75
to upgrade + $50 installation fee (since it needed a new dish).
so $125 total, I then asked about upgrading both receivers
and was told $75 each, but since I was doing 2 they would
wave the installation fee so only $150 for two.

I then was reading about the new 922 and thought I'd wait and see
if it would be out. (I thought I might be able to go down to a single
receiver that handle 2 TVs directly and maybe a third from sling - details
were fuzzy to me at the time).

In december I noticed the offer on the web site was gone, so I called to
check if 922 was available and also check the 722k prices - at that time
I was told $100 for each receiver + a $90 installation or sign up for $6/mo
service plan and pay $15 installation. So I still kept waiting for 922

So 922 finally announced and I called and was told it was $200 to upgrade
to a 922 - but I then learned it only supports a single TV + sling box
so not really worth it in my case, so I asked again about a 722 and the
guy said - we can upgrade you to that one for free! - and I asked about the
second and said sure - that's free too just pay the installation fee and agree
to a 2 yr contract on at least top120 (currently on top 200).

so now I have 2 new 722k receivers and have them setup so any TV in my house
can see programs from either box. sweet!

Bruce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts