Looking For Installation Advice

19ss68

Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Illinois
Hey all, been reading the Forums for a couple of years and have answered most if not all of my questions, but have an issue looking for some help and guidance on.
I have a Dish system with a 500 dish, along with a 722 for both the family room and Master bedroom, then a 311 for the guest room. I have just purchased a 612 for the guest room and want to move the 311 down to the basement. the 612 and 722 work great, but i am trying to figure out how to get the 311 in the basement and use the feed for the 722( this is the line that is in the basement I can access) and not affect the signal quality of the 722 and simultaneously use the 311 in the basement. I am not sure what all information is needed on my end, but trying to figure out what type of "splitter" i may need???

Kevin

Please verify the dish you have, with HD it should not be a Dish500 but some type of Dish1000 otherwise you cannot be getting all the HD channels that should be available for you. Once we know the setup, we can accurately answer you question.

Please verify the dish you have, with HD it should not be a Dish500 but some type of Dish1000 otherwise you cannot be getting all the HD channels that should be available for you. Once we know the setup, we can accurately answer you question.
at one time there was a shortage on 625 receivers, so installers were putting in 722's in place of the 625 with a dish 500.

Bad eyesight and all, I hate getting old! i went out with my daughters binoculars and the Dish says Turbo HD, the LNB says ??Plus I assumed it was a 500 since that is what is displayed on the 722 installation screen.

thanks!

That's a 1000.x dish, it can handle 3 receivers, each needs a separate cable from the receiver to the dish, splitters will not work. You also need a separator on the back of the 612, just like the 722.

Thanks guys. The 612 is up and fully functional. It came with the separator.

If this were a single story home I would have no problem jumping on the roof to tackle this, but given the steep pitch would rather not attempt. I was hoping that I could use the cable coming into the basement that feeds the 722 to supply both units.

No, you will have to run a separate cable for that 311 from the dish. If you had two 311's and one 722, then we could play some games with the separators. But as you have two dual-tuner receivers and one single-tuner receiver, you're stuck with running that 3rd cable.

TheKrell said:
No, you will have to run a separate cable for that 311 from the dish. If you had two 311's and one 722, then we could play some games with the separators. But as you have two dual-tuner receivers and one single-tuner receiver, you're stuck with running that 3rd cable.

If he had two 311's and a 722 he would already have three lines off the dish. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Very true

Hey all, been reading the Forums for a couple of years and have answered most if not all of my questions, but have an issue looking for some help and guidance on.
I have a Dish system with a 500 dish, along with a 722 for both the family room and Master bedroom, then a 311 for the guest room. I have just purchased a 612 for the guest room and want to move the 311 down to the basement. the 612 and 722 work great, but i am trying to figure out how to get the 311 in the basement and use the feed for the 722( this is the line that is in the basement I can access) and not affect the signal quality of the 722 and simultaneously use the 311 in the basement. I am not sure what all information is needed on my end, but trying to figure out what type of "splitter" i may need???

Kevin

Pretty sure a 311 will not work with a 1000.? Being a mpeg 2 receiver however if it did and you had two lines running down from a 1000.2 lnbf you could connect them all to a 34 switch and connect up to 4 receivers

Pretty sure a 311 will not work with a 1000.? Being a mpeg 2 receiver however if it did and you had two lines running down from a 1000.2 lnbf you could connect them all to a 34 switch and connect up to 4 receivers
Go back to the begining and read his original post. You will find the 311 was already connected and working with the 1000.x dish, probably means a 1000.2. You can't connect 5 tuners with a DP34.

boba said:
Go back to the begining and read his original post. You will find the 311 was already connected and working with the 1000.x dish, probably means a 1000.2. You can't connect 5 tuners with a DP34.

No he said he had a 500 dish in his original post a 311 will NEVER appropriately work with a 1000.? I wish that was the case that way you wouldn't have to nlos jobs in the city or heavily wooded areas

A 34 switch will connect 4 dual tuners with diplexers for 8 total rooms of SD programming pal you are misinformed

First off, a 311 will work with a WA arc dish, it will not work with EA, since OP has 2 311's working, it must be WA. Second, a 34 switch is Dish Pro, not Dish Pro Plus which means you cannot hook one coax run to two tuners since the signal is not carried that way with Dish Pro, it will only feed one tuner not a dual tuner receiver. Cascading the DP34 switch three times will give you 12 tuners (6 receivers if all are dual tuners), not 12 receivers. If you meant to say DPP44 switches, then each coax will indeed feed four receivers or any type. Pal, you are the one who is misinformed.

722 stuck in "acquiring signal" loop

another pre-install wiring question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts