Looking for KTLA TV from Los angeles ca on FTA and Home school radio service as well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Armourplate

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Denham springs ,La
Dear sat Guys,
Does anyone know wer I can pick up KTLA Ch 5 from La on FTA byrd
and im allso Looking for Home school radio on FTA.
thank you

Armourplate
in Louisiana:)

Not on fta that I know about..........KTLA used to be on c-band years ago. Don't know about the home school thing, never heard of it.

I'm no expert on the subject, but if I remember correctly, the Bob Jones University satellite TV educational system, went dark about a year ago.
I think they continue to offer the service on a big stack of DVDs. (?) For a lot of money.

Their little Ku dishes are nice if you find one, but not really a must-have.
Where as most Primestar dishes would be highly desirable.!.
The receivers would be one of the last I'd take . . . for free . . . as a door-stop. - :rolleyes:

edit:
Now with the new forum software, I'd try the Advanced Search function.
You might find more info on the BJU story.

You may want to try some of the many radio stations on 97°W to see if there is any homeschool stuff. Lots of "different" stations there.

Their little Ku dishes are nice if you find one, but not really a must-have.
Where as most Primestar dishes would be highly desirable.!.
The receivers would be one of the last I'd take . . . for free . . . as a door-stop. - :rolleyes:
My 90cm ChannelMaster dish came from old BJU system, so they must have used different dishes over the years. I also have the receiver, which while it does not have blindscan, has an excellent meter and works great as an extra receiver for the bedroom or other little used area or would be good for a fixed dish system, which was its original use.

You may want to try some of the many radio stations on 97°W to see if there is any homeschool stuff. Lots of "different" stations there.

My 90cm ChannelMaster dish came from old BJU system, so they must have used different dishes over the years. I also have the receiver, which while it does not have blindscan, has an excellent meter and works great as an extra receiver for the bedroom or other little used area or would be good for a fixed dish system, which was its original use.

Agreed on the receiver, I would take all of those for free that I could get. I setup a fixed Primestar 84 and a BJU receiver 1 1/2 years ago for some friends and it hasn't missed a beat. :cool:

thank you for all your help, thats why I get things the Legale way,I have to Pay for it from the Source.
yea it was the days when i could get it on videocpiper2 on Satcom 3 tr 15 back in 35 befor the Greed took over and everyone whent to Digital 4D tv then to what ever it is Now gone too.

it Puts out us that want to get things the Leagle way ,witch is the wright way for all of us Law abideinPepole
who want to stay Leagle. me im getting to old to be in the slamer,TV isnt worth that Rap.
theres a wright way and the rong way.
when I had sattlite sowtime service and my Leagle system on C band and Ku it was good thing.

I wish it could be good again with out the Hc1 in there makeing it Hard on us who get it leagle way.

sorry sattliteguys
this FTa was a Ray of hope but for me ill have to save up my chips and get my Dish network back again and do it
the wright way, the Only reson I bauget a FTA was to get things Leagle way and if I had to pay for it I would be glad too. Us Leagle need help from the Leagle sattliteguys.
sorry,its Im wanting to do all this Leaglely and fair.

I have tio go to heaven.

yours
Armourplate

P.s dont take this the wrong way and ban me Gesss.
Fta needs Help Like me to do this wright.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)