Looking for setup advice.

Well, I hooked it up last night & it sounds wonderful. 100x better that the TV speakers. I don't have it hooked into the VIP622 yet because I'm waiting on my cables & converter.

I'm still playing with the different settings & so forth but so far I'm pleased.

Thanks again for all who helped!!!

Satguys rock!

My setup is as follows:

I have (2) external devices connected to my Panasonic TH-58PZ700U. A DISH network ViP622 DVR receiver and the Philips HTS8100.
  • ViP622 audio - I use a coaxial cable and an optical cable to connect the COAXIAL DIGITAL IN jack on the subwoofer to the OPTICAL DIGITAL output jack on the connected device. Since the signal coming from the ViP622 is optical, I purchased a "Digital Optical Toslink to Digital Coaxial Converter" to convert it to a digital signal (hence the use of two cables).
  • ViP622 video - I utilized an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV monitor.
  • HTS8100 video - I am using an HDMI connection from the HTS8100 to the TV monitor.
The sound is phenominal! I hope you enjoy your HTS8100.

Since you have the system, do you have any settings tips for me? I've only played around with the Ambisound settings and the Effect Settings so far.

My setup is as follows:

I have (2) external devices connected to my Panasonic TH-58PZ700U. A DISH network ViP622 DVR receiver and the Philips HTS8100.
  • ViP622 audio - I use a coaxial cable and an optical cable to connect the COAXIAL DIGITAL IN jack on the subwoofer to the OPTICAL DIGITAL output jack on the connected device. Since the signal coming from the ViP622 is optical, I purchased a "Digital Optical Toslink to Digital Coaxial Converter" to convert it to a digital signal (hence the use of two cables).
  • ViP622 video - I utilized an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV monitor.
  • HTS8100 video - I am using an HDMI connection from the HTS8100 to the TV monitor.
The sound is phenominal! I hope you enjoy your HTS8100.

Ok, I got the cables & converter hooked up & I'm getting nothing out of the soundbar. What settings on the TV, VIP622 & soundbar need t be used?Also, do I have to disconnect any of the original connections between the VIP622 & TV? Also, I see that you also have an HDMI connection between your TV & the VIP622. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Do I need to connect my converter from the subwoofer directly to the Digital Audio Out(Optical) jack on my TV?

Last edited:
Hi.
  • I have (1) HDMI cable going from my VIP622 to the TV (for viewing the content on the VIP622) on my TV's HDMI-1 input.
  • I have (1) HDMI cable going from the soundbar to the TV (for DVD playback).
  • On the VIP622, I have the optical cable leaving the satellite receiver, then into the converter, and the digital coax from the converter into the jack on the subwoofer.
  • On the TV, I turned off the speakers and I selected the input for HDMI-1 (this is where I have the VIP622 connected).
  • Your selection is correct on the soundbar--Digital In.
That should do it. If not, let me know your precise connections and we can reverse engineer it from there. Good luck.