Looking for suggestions on AV receiver

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
Currently have a Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2 Channel Home Theater Receiver. Works great. Has a few quirks but is a nice unit. Ant suggestions on something that may be a big or slight upgrade. Less money more better. :) Thanks Budda

The one I have works well but makes noise a lot of switching from the threads I have read it is the relays changing audio fields. But the wife wants it gone so who am I to disagree. :)

Hi there,
I have the Onkyo 609 and love it. All HD sound formats and upscaling. Also has media streaming....very happy with it. Check it out. They also have new receivers out for this year.
James

So far I am looking at the Denon 1912 299.00 or picking up a used Onkyo 609. Those are all over the map,, as far as price both are a upgrade from what I have.

Gotta ask again, what's wrong with the Onkyo? I have two units that old, a 605 and an 806. Both do everything I need.

I have owned a lot of Denons and have always been happy with them. Don't think you can go wrong there.

I love the Denons and still have my 3808ci. Which has served me very well. I can't find any reasons to "upgrade" yet. I think the boom of needing to upgrade every year or two to stay up to date has gone away for the time being.

I've been very happy with Yamaha. I'll be looking to upgrade my 5.1 at some point this yr. I may stick with them, but have also been looking at the Onkyo line.

Nothing is wrong with the old one. Just want something new to play with. I upgrade a lot with TV's, phones, speakers, ipods you name it. My closet friends call me Gadget. ;)

I hear ya. I like to upgrade as well. But I also have to have a reason to do it (new features, better performance, etc.)

I don't think I'll use 7.2. ( but I'm wired for it ) The ability to do hdmi switching and being able to use a different source for zone 2 has me thinking about an upgrade. Will also need the ability to do HDMI pass thru. Need to make sure the wife can watch tv without having to power on the receiver.

I don't think I'll use 7.2. ( but I'm wired for it ) The ability to do hdmi switching and being able to use a different source for zone 2 has me thinking about an upgrade. Will also need the ability to do HDMI pass thru. Need to make sure the wife can watch tv without having to power on the receiver.

Actually, that sounds like the upgrade you need is a Harmony remote. My family immediately caught on to pressing the "watch TV" button. That way they get the better audio without the complexity.

I prefer the harmony-1 for a family friendly unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts