Looking to buy a PS3..... Again

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Have 3 360s in the house. Sold my 80GB PS3 last year. My oldest son asked to replace his 360 with a PS3. All his friends have them. Anyways, what's the deal with Playstation plus account? Now allows cross game chat? Doesn't seem the online experience is even close to what Xbox offers. What about a headset? Any Bluetooth headset will work? This is getting old. Buying, selling, then re-buying the same consoles :(

Plus is perks, should be nothing more. For new owners it might be worth it too, since you get free games and discounts on some PSN titles. Can see details on Sony's site, but it's not mandatory by any means.

I believe most Bluetooth headsets will work, it's a standard thing not proprietary like you'd probably expect.

Plus is perks, should be nothing more. For new owners it might be worth it too, since you get free games and discounts on some PSN titles. Can see details on Sony's site, but it's not mandatory by any means.

I believe most Bluetooth headsets will work, it's a standard thing not proprietary like you'd probably expect.

I checked a couple of local retailers. Looks like the new chipsets are readily available. ( 2101A and 2101B model #'s ) What about HDD size? Extra $50 worth it for the 250GB version?

Last edited:
I checked a couple of local retailers. Looks like the new chipsets are readily available. ( 2101A and 2101B model #'s ) What about HDD size? Extra $50 worth it for the 250GB version?
I wouldn't. Unless you plan on downloading a TON of videos and games, you won't come close to hitting that 120 GB limit. Also, IIRC the PS3 still uses standard HDDs (unlike evil M$), so you can easily upgrade it and can probably get a better deal off of Egghead for more storage space.

I bought a 320gb HD from Newegg for mine $52 free shipping. Replaced it as soon as the PS3 arrived, then fired it up works great. Kept the 120gb in case I need warranty work then I will just swap them it out send it in and keep all my stuff safe, when they return it just put the 320 back in and have not lost anything.

5400 rpm? Looks like the 120gb is the way to go.

I see Woods and Mickelson tumbed back a few strokes. They are certainly no longer contenders. I'm pulling for Lee Westwood - what a nice guy, who has come close in several majors. Also, I noticed Rory McIlroy has shaken-off yesterday's disasterous 80 and is back to -5. Oosthuizen has always dropped a shot after hole number 1 and it should be interesting to see if he can hold it together with the pressure mounting. I hope to tune-in at 1:30ish.

riffjim4069 said:
I see Woods and Mickelson tumbed back a few strokes. They are certainly no longer contenders. I'm pulling for Lee Westwood - what a nice guy, who has come close in several majors. Also, I noticed Rory McIlroy has shaken-off yesterday's disasterous 80 and is back to -5. Oosthuizen has always dropped a shot after hole number 1 and it should be interesting to see if he can hold it together with the pressure mounting. I hope to tune-in at 1:30ish.

Wrong thread maybe? ;)

Well, I did it. Grabbed a 120 from BB with an extra controller. Included Little Big Planet free. Rented Modnation Racers. Kids love it.

Well, I did it. Grabbed a 120 from BB with an extra controller. Included Little Big Planet free. Rented Modnation Racers. Kids love it.

Man, I should have jumped on one of these bundles I saw last week (Best Buy, Fry's, and one other I can't remember). My 40gb fat bit the dust last night, so knowing I couldn't live a day without my PS3 (sad but true) I just grabbed a 120 at Target this afternoon (hey, I needed toilet paper) and didn't get any extra goodies (unless you count 18 double rolls for $9).

BestBuy deal wasn't that great. Got LBP free, which is now only $30. You didn't miss too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)