Looking to pick up someones Data Plan.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
A couple of weeks ago I asked for opinions regarding different data plans that the cellular providers have. Well, I think I am going to go with AT&T since I am used to that company. However, I only need this for about 6 months. I am not willing to get a 2 year contract on a data plan.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a laptop connect card and plan sitting around that they are paying for and not using? I would be willing to make the payments (60 dollars a month) for the next 6 months.

If not, does anyone know of any websites to check for people doing this? I know they have them for cell phones for people wanting to get out of there contract, just don't know what they they are at. I am hoping they may have data plans on there as well.

Thanks for the help!

I have a 1 month old USB laptop modem for Verizon Wireless. The plan is $59.99 for 5GB of usage. I bought it last month when I was on business in D.C., but now I don't really use it and I'm stuck in a 2 year contract.

It's not AT&T, but send me a PM if you're interested and we can discuss this more.

I would love to work out a deal with you, but Verizon does not have data service where I am going. I just checked with some others currently at the academy that I will be attending and they all say Verizon data plans just do not work. Sorry! :(

That sounds about right. Something I do not want to pay just to have internet service for 6 months. Do they allow you to purchase your own wireless modem and purchase by the month? I would be willing to do that as well if I could find one used for cheap.

I asked for that and was denied. YMMV. They gave me the USB wireless GSM "modem" for free with a 2 year commitment @ $60/month.

Right there goes to show you they don't do commitments to "benefit the consumer." They play it off that they have to commit the customer to give you a greatly reduced or free phone or device. But then, when you have your own device, they STILL make you sign up for the two year plan. Unbelievable. They aren't out a dime if you have your own device. There is no reason to make a customer sign up for a 2 year commitment.

I think this topic has been brought up before, but I would like someone to explain it to me again. My wife has a Razor, which I believe can be tethered and used as a wireless modem on AT&T, correct? Can I add the 60 per month data plan onto her phone, and take it with me using her current contract?

They also have a $60 a month tethering plan that gives you the same 5gb a month, but only works on certain phones, not including my wifes Razr v3xx or my Krzr k1. The upside to this plan is that it is just an addition to my phone contract, it can be taken on and off at any time. According the AT&T customer service.

Careful with this, Sprint likes to renew your contract any time you make a change to a plan no matter how slight so check with att about this possibility before adding anything.

I am not able to do this, so I am not going to look into it anymore, but I do know that you can add and remove items from your plan without extending your contract, as I have put on and taken off text messaging and internet plans in the past. But since this won't work, i have to find something else out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)