Looking to record clear QAM channel

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I am looking to record a HD clear QAM channel.
Looking to record 8 hours a week.
Need to move it between two places.
I have a Homeworkx 150 box now BUT willing to use something else.

Thanks

I am looking to record a HD clear QAM channel.
Looking to record 8 hours a week.
Need to move it between two places.
I have a Homeworkx 150 box now BUT willing to use something else.

Thanks

There was a version of firmware that was released that could access/record Clear QAM on the Homeworx 150. It is apparently no longer released publicly and can be obtained only by request from Mediasonic. They provide no support and installing it is at your own risk. That said, here is the link to the forum I saw it in. You would need to contact the admin in the fifth post to obtain it - if it is still available. I have that box myself but use it for OTA only so had no need to try it. Perhaps others can post their experience if they have used that firmware? Good luck! :) http://forum.mediasonic.ca/viewtopic.php?p=9211

HD Tivo? You can copy programming to your PC with TiVo Desktop and move it any where you please, assuming no DRM applied.

HD Tivo? You can copy programming to your PC with TiVo Desktop and move it any where you please, assuming no DRM applied.

Yes (if you use a 3rd party program). Essentially it is "encrypted" with your media key. There are third party programs that will decrypt it and then it is in the clear. Note that OTA is all in the clear, cable companies vary as to which channels they put the copy protection on.