looking to switch from Dish to Direct newbie questions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BigJohn2

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Moline, IL
Hi all,

I'm looking to switch from dish to Direct for the HR34.

What sat's do direct use? I have SD with dish and use sat's 110 and 119. Going to get HD with Direct. I live in Moline, Il 61265.

Thanks,

John

BigJohn2 said:
Hi all,

I'm looking to switch from dish to Direct for the HR34.

What sat's do direct use? I have SD with dish and use sat's 110 and 119. Going to get HD with Direct. I live in Moline, Il 61265.

Thanks,

John

D mainly uses the 99 101 103 birds but some locals do come in on the 110 119 birds (I'm on my iPhone so can't pull it up with your zip). Someone will reply on whether you need the 110 119, in addition to, the 99 101 103.

His locals would come from Sat 103 and Trans. 22

Heres the Locals he would get from D*.

Local Channels Availability
Local Channels Lookup

More than likely, we have your local channels! Enter your ZIP Code to find out if we carry your local channels in your area:
Zip Code:

Yes! Local channels are available in your area: Davenport IA-Rock Island IL-Moline IL 61265 We have provided a complete list of local stations and channel numbers below.
Get a Package with Local Channels

It's easy to add local channels to your DIRECTV® programming package.
Order Now

High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are also available in your area. To receive them you will need an HD system
Available Channels
Network Affiliate Local Channel # 3-Digit Channel #
(older receivers) HD Channel
PBS WQPT 24
PBS WQPT2 24
NBC KWQC 6
CBS WHBF 4
ABC WQAD 8
PBS KQIN 36
FOX KLJB 18
CW KGCW 26

Standard Local Channels: Most can receive these local channels using any DIRECTV® System. Certain select markets will require an MPEG-4 capable receiver. If you are eligible to receive local channels from us and don't have the correct equipment now, when you upgrade your receiver online, we will match the proper receiver for your market.

Locals: Eligibility based on service address. Not all networks available in all markets.

HD Locals: Eligibility based on service address. DIRECTV Slimline dish required in some markets to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV. H20 or HR20 model DIRECTV HD Receiver and HD or HD-ready television set required to display HD programming from DIRECTV.

Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change. Hardware and programming sold separately.

His locals would come from Sat 103 and Trans. 22

Heres the Locals he would get from D*.

Local Channels Availability
Local Channels Lookup

More than likely, we have your local channels! Enter your ZIP Code to find out if we carry your local channels in your area:
Zip Code:

Yes! Local channels are available in your area: Davenport IA-Rock Island IL-Moline IL 61265 We have provided a complete list of local stations and channel numbers below.
Get a Package with Local Channels

It's easy to add local channels to your DIRECTV® programming package.
Order Now

High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are also available in your area. To receive them you will need an HD system
Available Channels
Network Affiliate Local Channel # 3-Digit Channel #
(older receivers) HD Channel
PBS WQPT 24
PBS WQPT2 24
NBC KWQC 6
CBS WHBF 4
ABC WQAD 8
PBS KQIN 36
FOX KLJB 18
CW KGCW 26

Standard Local Channels: Most can receive these local channels using any DIRECTV® System. Certain select markets will require an MPEG-4 capable receiver. If you are eligible to receive local channels from us and don't have the correct equipment now, when you upgrade your receiver online, we will match the proper receiver for your market.

Locals: Eligibility based on service address. Not all networks available in all markets.

HD Locals: Eligibility based on service address. DIRECTV Slimline dish required in some markets to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV. H20 or HR20 model DIRECTV HD Receiver and HD or HD-ready television set required to display HD programming from DIRECTV.

Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change. Hardware and programming sold separately.

ok, thanks for the reply's. How do they wire for the HR34 with 3 TV's? The HR34 go's on one tv and need 2 other receivers?

Thanks,

John

I can't help you on that one, I haven't kept up date with it seeing I have no need for it in my situation, there is a HR34 thread, but I don't know it addresses your situation.

Welcome to DTV! As a former Dish user, I'm more than happy to have left Dish. Yeah, I don't have the WFN, biggest waste of channel space next to 3D imho. Enjoy!!

Jeff

Yes. Currently, the HR34 is getting installed with H25.

If you have a Samsung model 6000, 6400, or 6420, they can act as rvu clients for the HR34, but you will still pay $6/month each for that.

Welcome to DirecTV. I switched about a year ago. I am fairly happy, but I am paying more. I probably would have been about as happy had I stayed with Dish as I really wasn't unhappy before. I like the whole home DVR solution from DirecTV. Enjoy!

How would they know?

Knowing the pay tv providers, I am sure that there is some way that the stream to the TV has to be authorized for the HR34 to output it. I am sure they have found a way to keep the $6 extra TV fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)