Looking to switch from Dish to Direct TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ZachMetal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Hi,
We're considering switching from Dish to Direct TV, mainly due to having the cheaper HD & more channels, and the availability of sports packages through Direct TV. Our setup would be one HD reciever and one standard cheapo reciever. Where could we find the best deal to sign up? We're first time customers. We might be doing that deal where if you buy the nfl sunday ticket, you get 4 free months, and then switch the package to the $50 plan, unless someone can lead me to a better deal.

Thanks!
Zach

Hi,
We're considering switching from Dish to Direct TV, mainly due to having the cheaper HD & more channels, and the availability of sports packages through Direct TV. Our setup would be one HD reciever and one standard cheapo reciever. Where could we find the best deal to sign up? We're first time customers. We might be doing that deal where if you buy the nfl sunday ticket, you get 4 free months, and then switch the package to the $50 plan, unless someone can lead me to a better deal.

Thanks!
Zach

You should have no problem getting that deal with no installation costs. They give you either a free HD receiver or a regular DVR. The onlt costs would occur if you want both or if you want a HDDVR. I would jump all over that deal if I would sign up as a new customer and could live without a HDDVR, but once you have one you can't do without it.

Any dealer can offer you the Free HD (H20) receiver and free D12 basic receiver. Independent local dealer/Best Buy/ Circuit City or D* themselves. Promotion and Sunday ticket is a national offer from D* through all of their dealers.

I'm now looking at the Choice XTRA + HD Access plan, would that be a good deal? We just need one HD reciever for that one HD tv.

I'm now looking at the Choice XTRA + HD Access plan, would that be a good deal? We just need one HD reciever for that one HD tv.

Yes but why not do the Sunday Ticket promo to begin with so you can get the premier package free for 4 months. Then after the 4 months you can downgrade to the Choice Xtra.

I'm in the same boat, I've never been a D* customer before and I'm interested in signing up because of HD and Sunday Ticket. My only current hangup is that the Superfan add-on ($99) is required if you want your Sunday Ticket games in HD. I've been unable to get D* to budge on the $99 cost.

Yes but why not do the Sunday Ticket promo to begin with so you can get the premier package free for 4 months. Then after the 4 months you can downgrade to the Choice Xtra.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks

I'm in the same boat, I've never been a D* customer before and I'm interested in signing up because of HD and Sunday Ticket. My only current hangup is that the Superfan add-on ($99) is required if you want your Sunday Ticket games in HD. I've been unable to get D* to budge on the $99 cost.

Are you talking to the retention dept or a reg CSR. If you are talking to a CSR call and ask for retention. They have more authorization than the CSR does.

Are you talking to the retention dept or a reg CSR. If you are talking to a CSR call and ask for retention. They have more authorization than the CSR does.

I'm not now nor ever have been a D* customer, didn't figure retention would apply to me.

I'm not now nor ever have been a D* customer, didn't figure retention would apply to me.

Sorry misread you original post. I have found you have much better luck getting a deal for Superfan after you are installed. I have never tried for myself but I did call on behalf of my father-in-law and brother-in-law. When I first tried i could not get a deal. I then tried again after they had gotten installed, and I got it for free for both of them. I was pretending to be them on two seperate calls. Maybe you can get it installed and then see what kind of luck you will have. Then you can talk to retention once you are a customer.

I was told with my new system I will get all sunday games in HD. I was not told I had to pay anything extra. Should I be concerned?

You probably should be concerned. I was told by two different CSRs (via telephone) the same thing as you, that as a new customer I would get all ST games in HD without Superfan. I then emailed D* and was told that Superfan is required. I replied saying that I felt misled and wanted a supervisor to respond; here is the response via email:

"Thanks for writing back about NFL SUNDAY TICKET games in HD. I'm sorry to hear that you have been misinformed by the representatives that you spoke to previously. I would be happy to help address your concerns.

As mentioned in the previous email, the optional SuperFan subscription includes over 100 NFL games in HD as well as exciting new channels available only to SuperFan subscribers. (Actual number of games varies by market due to blackouts and other conditions. Games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS affiliate will not be available in the channel 704-733 range of NFL SUNDAY TICKET.) Please visit our web site at directv.com/superfan for more information.

(NOTE: Actual number of games varies by market due to blackouts and other conditions. See our web site at directv.com/blackouts for more information.)

Some NFL games broadcast locally in HD by FOX, CBS and ABC may be available via an off-air antenna.

We take experiences like the one you had very seriously. Please accept my apology on behalf of DIRECTV for your experience. In addition, I have forwarded your information to DIRECTV management to follow-up with the agents you spoke with for coaching.

Thanks again for writing in and allowing us to address your concerns."

I'm afraid that Superfan is required, even to new customers.

I just had D installed last week. When I was inquiring about it I said I wanted the premier and Sunday ticket package. I then said I wanted HD with the Hr20. I had to pay the 199.00 for the HR20. I then said how about the Superfan deal and Nascar hot pass for the rest of the season? The csr said no problem. I then asked if if she could do anything else. She said I could have $10 more off a month for 10 months. At this point I took the deal. I checked my programing on line and the superfan is included. If you do not get what you want just try another CSR. I called at 4:00am PDT. Maybe in the early morning you get better deals because they are not as busy . I got right thru no waiting on line.

I just had D installed last week. When I was inquiring about it I said I wanted the premier and Sunday ticket package. I then said I wanted HD with the Hr20. I had to pay the 199.00 for the HR20. I then said how about the Superfan deal and Nascar hot pass for the rest of the season? The csr said no problem. I then asked if if she could do anything else. She said I could have $10 more off a month for 10 months. At this point I took the deal. I checked my programing on line and the superfan is included. If you do not get what you want just try another CSR. I called at 4:00am PDT. Maybe in the early morning you get better deals because they are not as busy . I got right thru no waiting on line.

Nice! That's the best deal for a new customer that I've seen. I'm going to keep trying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)