Looks like KQML may be going live soon

I think this is a great thing. According to Rabbit Ears, KQML is running at the same tower height as KCMN's new but at only 10kw of power. KCMN is going to run at 15kw. Since I am able to pick up KQML at the lower power I am hoping that KCMN will come in like gangbusters.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I think this is a great thing. According to Rabbit Ears, KQML is running at the same tower height as KCMN's new but at only 10kw of power. KCMN is going to run at 15kw. Since I am able to pick up KQML at the lower power I am hoping that KCMN will come in like gangbusters.

Hey Neil, check out Post #18. In Lee's Summit, KQML is actually stronger than KCMN for some reason-

They may be sending the signal in a directional pattern. Sounds like perhaps KQML and KCMN are directed north and east, where KAJF might be directed south. I'm not an expert, so maybe Trip can weigh in-

I never thought about that and it's a good possibility! Even before they went down in May KCMN has always had a stronger signal KAJF. I always thought it was because I live in a 2 edge area but the directional thing makes sense!!

All three are omni. Local reception conditions may vary even for stations coming out of the same antenna due to local obstructions or due to different performance of either your receive antenna or the transmit antenna at the different frequencies.

- Trip

I think most of the stations that have to move go through a period of lower power output. And some of the low powered channels like the ones we are discussing have told me if they get bumped by the FCC they don't always have the money to make the changes. If I am reading rabbit ears right, several of the low powered stations have until June of 2020 when they are expected to be relocated. So we may see a gradual increase in their signal as they move their transmission antenna higher.

When an omnidirectional transmit antenna is side-mounted on a tower there are significant reflections from the tower. The reflections tend to create a scalloping of the pattern with deep nulls in some directions. The scalloping varies with frequency and the distance between the antenna and tower. I would not draw any conclusions when comparing two side-mounted LPTV stations.

Just wondering if KCMN 42 is dark again as I am not able to pick up a signal!

Appears to be offline or very weak-

459EBF05-F5AC-49A0-A2BD-FB2B8BDA015F.png

No, they don't seem to have any call letters or identifiable graphics. I watched for about a half hour earlier and only saw that show and commercials.
That's just the Infomercial / Classic TV subchannel that HC2 has been putting on a lot of its stations. A lot of old public domain shows (Bonanza, Beverly Hillbillies) but very little variety. I saw the same back-to-back episodes of Bonanza three nights in a row. My local HC2 station shows an hourly station ID but no network ID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)