Looks Like Lin is back!

Looks like our Lin channels are back in the GR/Kalamazoo area. Had to reset our 722k for the guide to show up properly.

Bet LIN realized that the FCC was about to throw a monkey wrench into their rip off party.

Maybe they realized I fired off letters to my congressmen last night (about 10 hours before I noticed my LIN stations back). ;)

I still plan on doing what I can for retransmission reform as I don't want this to happen again to the vulnerable in my state who rely on satellite for network programming because they don't live where they can use rabbit ears to get local stations (and hopefully also keep LIN from playing the games they play when Comcast and Directv in my area face this crud in June and those subscribers lose their FOX and CBS for who knows how long).

My guess is what I stated earlier: Lin got more than what they were getting before the dispute, but nowhere near as much as they were reportedly asking.

IIRC, the 2008 dispute ended after the same approximate number of days. This leads me to believe that Dish was able to handle the loss of Lin stations better than Lin was able to handle the loss of Dish's revenue for their stations.

Isn't it time to take down tat large eye catching notice about LIN off the front pge?

I wonder how many subs Dish lost over this. This is one primary reason I will never have Dish. This exact thing happens wayyy too much.

Less than 100 my guess. And about as many who were going to switch called it off (or in front of appointments) when it was resolved quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)