Looks like the TP2 unlocker will be out soon... YES!

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
ok boys and gals, the upcoming TP2 unlocker is almost here, along with custom roms from Mighty and Juicy.

Am hyped to get my TP2 loaded with custom roms.. :D

ok boys and gals, the upcoming TP2 unlocker is almost here, along with custom roms from Mighty and Juicy.

Am hyped to get my TP2 loaded with custom roms.. :D

I see NRG has his ROM coming for the TP2. I fell in love with his ROMs for the TP, everything just works and looks beautiful.

Only thing holding me out from the TP2 is I couldn't go back stock at this point.

I keep waiting for all of you "early" adopters to get the infrastructure and testing in place before I upgrade from my Sprint Mogul. ;)

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Unlocker UPPPP.. TP2

Loaded MightyROM RhodiumW CDMA WWE on my TP2.. testing, looks amazing too

I have the TP2 now and I must say it is very snappy visually. The graphics hardware is much superior to the old XV6800 ( same as Sprint Mogul). However, I don't think the processing power is any faster on the TP2 as I ran some a/b tests on simple large folder access display. Takes about the same amount of time. But anything graphics like screen redraws is way faster than the XV6800

does anyone have a link to the subject ROMS that are supposed to offer more? I'd like to find out what is so good about them.

The one thing I don't like so far is the lack of application organization. But, I'm new to it and maybe I haven't figured it out yet.

The keyboard is very nice and easy to use.

Web pages display much nicer than the XV6800. The slider for zoom and move pages about make reading and display of full size pages easy.

The camera takes pretty good pictures but so far the jury is out on white balance. I need to study it a bit more. The auto focus touch screen is nice too. It works good enough for documentary work.

I got all my contacts and calendar events/appointments transferred via active sync.

I ordered a cradle for desktop charging and audio playback to my room sound system. Not sure if the Sprint model will work with that because the Sprint model doesn't have the audio/video output jack.

I guess I'll keep it and pass on the Droid. I like the big screen and how snappy it responds to my commands. It's as snappy as the iphone while much faster than the iphone for web surfing.

I have tested Mighty, Juice and JD roms.. and so far at this early stage the JD seems to be the best one w/o any flaws. Way faster then OEM rom for sure.

pro96-

1. What is the procedure to return to stock rom if you don't like the betas you experiment with?

2. What specific improvements have you seen with any custom roms over the stock one from Verizon?

pro96-

1. What is the procedure to return to stock rom if you don't like the betas you experiment with?

2. What specific improvements have you seen with any custom roms over the stock one from Verizon?

1. Flash the stock ROM back.

2. New features, new programs, battery life, speed, memory, eye candy, you name it.

Where does one get the "stock Rom" ? Would that still be in the phone's memory as accessed by a hard reset?

I would want to have that in possession before attempting to mess around with untested beta stuff.

Where does one get the "stock Rom" ? Would that still be in the phone's memory as accessed by a hard reset?

I would want to have that in possession before attempting to mess around with untested beta stuff.

It's in the stickies above where you find the ROMs. Right next to the unlocker thread.

Rhodium_W Stock Rom Thread [Telus VZW SPCS] - PPCGeeks

I can tell you that you would have to intentionally try to brick your phone to brick it.

I know for a fact, do not use Sprite backup between different ROM versions, you'll be bringing in registry entries across different ROM versions. I wouldn't even recommend using it between different Stock ROM versions. You'll be overwriting all the tweaks and goodies the chef's put in.

It would be kinda like backing up your registry on XP and restoring it on Vista. Not a good thing.

Once you get out of the stock world you'll see why all of us rant and rave about getting off of stock.

I understand about sprite backup. There are two issues with it. First, check and maybe update the sprite version when moving from a WM version such as 6.0 to 6.1. Plus what you said, don't try to restore a backup from a previous version to a new one. Currently, Sprite works between 6.0 and 6.1 bit needed a new version between 5.0 and 6.0. I'm not sure about using it on 6.5 or other roms.
I was amazed at how many of my apps failed on htc TP2 that worked fine on the XV6800. It had to do with the apps adaptability to the new screen size or ones that expected to have particular hard buttons that are missing on the TP2.

Testing Mightyrom RhodiumW 11-16-09 and running smooth so far

HTC touch pro Verizon

Palms webOS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)