Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Wink Inc. delves into automotive programming for TorqHD

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jackson, WY – October 3, 2005

Wink Inc. will team with Trask McFarland & Arden Oksanen of Arris to produce three one-hour High Definition programs covering Jeep aftermarket build-outs by American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) of Missoula, Montana.

“We specialize in action and adventure sports and we are very excited to tackle another type of production and add automotive programming to our line-up,” said Ellen Winkler, Vice President of Wink Inc.

These programs will be shot on-site in Missoula, Montana; Las Vegas, Nevada and in the hills and deserts of Montana, Idaho and Utah. Wink Inc. is a full-service production company based in Jackson Hole, Wyoming with full HD-on-line facilities and 5.1 surround sound audio design in-house.

TorqHD is the newest network on VOOM HD — 21 channels of 24/7 High Definition carried by the Dish Satellite Network.

I'm really confused by this Torque HD channel...just now sure how they are going to provide anything unique and different than Rush HD and still draw an audience. Anyway, I am really interested in seeing the new lineup.

On a side note: I'm home from work the week after Christmas and would have plenty of time to sample the new lineup. It would be a nice treat to see them over the Holidays.

riffjim4069 said:
I'm really confused by this Torque HD channel...just now sure how they are going to provide anything unique and different than Rush HD and still draw an audience. .

Maybe torque is going to be more motorsport related, mountain climbing in the jeep for instance. Where rush will be more of the extreme sports?

Sean Mota said:
But if this is true, isn't this another Rush HD type of channel. Why have a duplication of Rush HD?

because voom lives for duplication? :rolleyes: :D :p

hbk409 said:
Maybe torque is going to be more motorsport related, mountain climbing in the jeep for instance. Where rush will be more of the extreme sports?
Sounds about right, but where in the world are they going to find enough motosports material in HD to justify a dedicated 24/7 channel?

riffjim4069 said:
Sounds about right, but where in the world are they going to find enough motosports material in HD to justify a dedicated 24/7 channel?

well, theres nascar, wrc, drifting, drag racing, truck hill climb contest, then theres baja racing, dakar. Im sure they would be able to fill it :D

hbk409 said:
well, theres nascar, wrc, drifting, drag racing, truck hill climb contest, then theres baja racing, dakar. Im sure they would be able to fill it :D

That could be interested as long as there is content. The question how much can they acquire? Nascar could be out of the question since they just signed big deals with TNT, ESPN, and Fox.

Walter L. said:
Bad call by VOOM. They should just keep this kind of content on RushHD instead of creating a new channel.
I get the feeling Torque is going to get axed, rightfully so, with the reduction to 15 channels. Personally, I feel that Rush and World Sport together provide an adequate venue for this material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)