Looks Like VOOM is Dead - So Come On D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Over on the VOOM forum they are reporting what appears to be the final demise of VOOM (shut down on April 30, 2005). Now there is really no other place to go for HD. I was going to consider it if VOOM found new financing but now it looks like us D* subs are stuck with what D* has.

It's time for D* to throw us (and maybe the 40,000 - 50,000 VOOM subs) a bone and give us a couple of new national HD channels. If I understand the plan as it stands now, D* will only launch some local HD channels (in the top 12 markets - which I am not in) when the new bird goes up and nationals are not going to be launched anytime soon. I am one of the fortunate ones and get my local HD stations over the air, so all i really need is a couple of new HD national channels.

Come on, D*, you can squeeze one or two in somewhere...Please??

I for one don't want them to add ANY more channels until they get some more bandwidth in the sky...There picture looks like garbage on my 65 inch...

Yeah I got Voom and was trying to figure out if I should be D* or E*.... kinda leaning twords D*.

I would come playoff time. I never cancelled Time Warner which has TNTHD so I'll be going back to them as sole provider now that Voom is closing operations.

I'd like to see then add at least TNT-HD and stop this regional sports network HD games that pop up every now and then that most folks don't get.

Well, TNT HD has been doing a better job. A lot more movies are now in HD, Law&order and they will have some new miniseries in July that look very interested. So I wish they can I add it once the bandwith is there.

Hopefully someone here can clarify things for me. I am an existing VOOM customer that obviously needs to find a new provider before the end of the month. Just got of the phone with D* and they told me that I would get the local channels in HD via the satellite feed and would not need an OTA antenna. I assume this is because where I live in the suburbs of Atlanta I can't get the HD signals with an OTA. Voom tried when I had it installed but could only get one local and that signal was borderline. Did I get the correct info from the CSR?

cat4,

You may be able to get the NY feeds of the networks in HD. Depends which of your network stations are owned and operated. True local HD networks are on the horizon with the new satellites going up this year and next.

yes, cat4 you'll get the new york HD stations, but as long as your getting the networks in HD right :)

It will be interesting to see what people think of the HDLIL feeds. IMO it may make them run out and get antennas. Theres no way it willl look as good as OTA.

category4 said:
Thanks for the input guys, and Bryan, yes as lond as it is HD that's all that matters.

Thanks,
Randy

Yes,
Atleast if You go with D*, you will get the Network channels, worth it in my opinion.

Wayne

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts