Loop Out Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Riorobert

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
Is there any receiver that you can use loop if out to go too a second reciver and are then able to change channels independelty? Or does the sytem have too have 2 tuners like the pansat 6000hxc , and will the Pansat 6000 HXC do alow this to be done?

The loop out you can use but the 2nd reciever can only pick up the same polarity as what the main unit is on.

The Pansat 6000 has a loop out to use for tuner 2 or you can run 2 separate lines for total flexibility. With the loop out, it works fine for like G10 or IA5 where most channels are on the same polarity

For the Pansat 6000 you need two lines from the LNB

If you connect a receiver to the loop out, can you move to a different satellite with this receiver?

Iceberg:

Thanks for the response.

Let me ask you a second question. I've been having problems lately with my coolsat moving from one satellite to another. I constantly have to go into the menu to adjust the settings. Last night, I moved it back to the family room and is working fine. My assumption is that the cable run to my master bedroom is too long and that is why I have problems moving the dish around.

I read the coolsat manual and couldn't find anything that says what is the maximum length of cable that will allow the receiver properly.

If I buy a second receiver and connect it to the loop out, will I have the same problem of not being able to control the dish properly?

Thanks

It depends on how far you are running and whether its good cable or not

I have a run of about 100 feet from the motor to my Collsat. I have another receiver about 150 feet away with no issues. Make sure you use good RG6 cable rated to 2200MHz or more. Cheap cable can cause issues :)

And the BEST ends you can get, I use snap and seal compression fittings rated for 2.2GHz min. (same as the RG6 coax)

As for the loop out, I have had some success looping the signal out to my Twinhan and suprisingly I have been able to switch to different freqs with no problems at all. Maybe the Twinhan reacts differently than another receiver.

You should have no probs at all with a run of that length. I have tried signal boosters before, but for some reason they make my HH motor act up.

Here's another question, I have been thinking about the loop out lately and am considering picking up an analog c/ku receiver and looping out of my fortec lifetime classic NA. my questions is is this possible(receiving analog from mpeg-2))? also what would be a good cheep receiver? I am only doing FTA but I was thinking that a c/ku receiver would be easier to find than just an analog ku...or am I way off base?

thanks

MPEG2 is digital, they will only do analog signals. Both C and KU.

I have a Toshiba TRX 1520, they can be picked up used very cheap!

yes it will work...same rules apply (same polarity as the DVB receiver)

most of the boxes out there are both C & KU Band :)

Toshibas are pretty good (IMO)

thanks Ice...I tried to get my mom's old Uniden c/ku but I think she threw it away
:( at least they cant find it. I told her she should have at least sold it it even had a VCRS board in it....I have seen those being sold although I don't think that there is too much analog c band stuff (programming) that you can still buy.

thats pretty cool...I miss my BUD and being able to buy ala cart....if I move again I will make sure that I have the ability to put one up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)