skystar 2 2.23 question..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

docj2005

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
st louis park mn
i just got a skystar 2.23 card and in mytheater it only see's the verical transponders.. what am i doing wrong.. or is there some setting for

i am slaviing the sky star off my vision plus card so i still have motor control..

If you're slaving it off of another device, it will only see the transponders on the polarity the primary device is set to. You'll have to change channels on the VisionPlus to something that's horizontally polarized to get the SkyStar to see horizontal channels.
(The polarization is set by the voltage levels sent to the LNB, either 13V or 18V. If you have device B slaved to device A, device A is the one sending power to the LNB, and is blocking the power that device B is sending. It may be better for you to get an LNB with two outputs, so that each device can control polarization independently.)

docj2005 said:
i just got a skystar 2.23 card and in mytheater it only see's the verical transponders.. what am i doing wrong.. or is there some setting for

i am slaviing the sky star off my vision plus card so i still have motor control..

Use Saar's enhanced drivers or Mibi's SS2disqc1.9 drivers and you will have motor control.

Saar's drivers are in Mytheatre/drivers/techinsat folder.

Mibi's drivers you can find at dvbskystar dot com in the download area.

NOTE. with these drivers you must use the "have disc" option when installing. don't allow window to pick the best driver, because it won't work. I call it forcing the driver install, you pick update driver and keep clicking until you see "have disc", select, then browse to the drivers you want to try.

Init error means you have not gotten Mibi's drivers to load.

Did you choose update driver in device manager, and then click until you find "Have Disc"?

The only way is to force the driver install, windows will alway choose the wrong driver.

SS2diseqc1.9 troubleshooting

Does the plugin show under "Plugins"?

Did you enter your lat anf long? (Negative number for North America)

Did you configure the plugin? (Select motor, etc)

Any error messages?

What version card?,

what version of techinsat software?,

Did you install all of Techinsat's software?,

What is between thn the card and LNB, switches, motor, etc?

What type of LNB?

Any tone switches?

What happen when you go into Mytheatre's positioner consule?

docj2005 said:

This set up will not work. The twinhan card will strip (mute) the diseqc command being sent by the SS2 card. You can not even have a signal meter in line. The SS2 card has a very good diseqc command, but it does not seem to have a lot of amplitude (volume).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)